TW200 Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

6521 - 6537 of 6537 Posts

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Today I spent six hours and forty three minutes at the DMV.
Getting a a little sticker for the plate on the Tdub.......
I knew it was going to be bad....
I took a chair , cooler and umbrella with me.
You have to wait in line outside now...
I couldn't begin to count the number of go to heck looks
I got from the others in line all afternoon...
Mike from NC

·
Registered
542 Posts
Mike, surely NC can renew online, no?

·
Registered
1,016 Posts

·
Registered
651 Posts
Here in Oregon they are being extra lenient on goofyassed stuff like barely out of date, etc. I rode nearly 3 months on expired, and I transferred plates on my California VanVan.

It is like if you aren't a criminal, even if you loot and riot, they turn you loose.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
21,491 Posts
Simply carrying copy of paperwork showing fees paid should suffice to satisfy any diligent Barney Fifes out there concerned about apprehending non-paying citizenry.
I lost my TW license plate, may take months to get a new one but I have no fear. I carry the sticker to put in the replacement plate should it ever show up, plus a copy of acknowledgement of application for same.

Yesterday while playing in a mid-road mud hole like a little kid one of those normally zealous Federal Law Enforcement back country patrol vehicles rolled up. I quickly moved to side of road after getting the desired dose of mud on TW-Brian's rim and tire. Officer simply smiled as we exchanged half-waves and he continued on his way. No concern about non-DOT turn signals within 6 inches of headlight, non-DOT certified tire and no license plate.

·
Registered
542 Posts
Checked & adjusted the valves (I'm @ 9,800 miles). Exhaust was in spec (.005), and Intake (.004) was readjusted to .003.

Reactions: Ken

·
Registered
2 Posts
My Kip Moto SherpaX Trailer arrived so spent a little time assembling it and attaching to my bike. I'm really impressed with the build quality and how easy it is to attach / detach it from the bike. I haven't really loaded it down yet but from my initial ride (just a bunch of stuff thrown in) I can't really tell it's back there. I'm planning a TAT ride with it. Al in Colorado Springs, CO
Trl 1.jpg
Trl 5.jpg

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
My Kip Moto SherpaX Trailer arrived so spent a little time assembling it and attaching to my bike. I'm really impressed with the build quality and how easy it is to attach / detach it from the bike. I haven't really loaded it down yet but from my initial ride (just a bunch of stuff thrown in) I can't really tell it's back there. I'm planning a TAT ride with it. Al in Colorado Springs, CO
View attachment 214088 View attachment 214089
Welcome to the sherpaX club....
Enjoy your pricey new toy....
mike from N.C.

Reactions: reddave

·
Registered
21,491 Posts
Just more time playing with orange stuff.

Gotta maintain things nice and smooth for me...

...and my neighbors. Can't have Lumpy here hurting his paws on sharp gravel, be like stepping on a Leggo.:cool:

·
Registered
542 Posts
After breaking off the upper triple bolt about 2/3rd's of the way the day before, got it removed today, and replaced both uppers with replacement bolts from ACE.....only 13mm heads instead of 10mm.

Changed oil, and cleaned the bike up for the GOTG trip this weekend.....which by the forecast....is just gonna get muddy anyways. :)

Reactions: Fred

·
Registered
150 Posts
After breaking off the upper triple bolt about 2/3rd's of the way the day before, got it removed today, and replaced both uppers with replacement bolts from ACE.....only 13mm heads instead of 10mm.

Changed oil, and cleaned the bike up for the GOTG trip this weekend.....which by the forecast....is just gonna get muddy anyways. :)
Yikes, I might just replace the upper bolts for the hell of it tomorrow. I took off the reflectors last week and replaced those bolts while I was at it, I just don’t ever want to put a stock fastener back on after removal.

·
Registered
542 Posts
Yikes, I might just replace the upper bolts for the hell of it tomorrow. I took off the reflectors last week and replaced those bolts while I was at it, I just don’t ever want to put a stock fastener back on after removal.
Those triple bolts are just fine. My torque wrench wasn't working, and I didn't know when to stop :rolleyes: (I did, I just didn't :)),

I do like the bigger heads on the new bolts though, and replaced both uppers.

·
Registered
2021 TW200
21 Posts
Tonight I installed a 47T sprocket, DID X Ring chain, and Shinko 241 front tire. I've got a whopping 17 miles on her now!

Also, last week I installed a cyclops led headlight bulb I purchased from forum member SEADUB200. The transaction went flawless, and he's a great guy to interact with! Tonight was the 1st night ride with the new bulb and I couldn't be happier with it

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Removed another 5 inches of snow from the covered TW in the driveway. Springtime in the mountains! I did have a TW200 sighting this morning. I was browsing some mufflers on SilencerCo.com and look what caught my eye!
silencercoTW200.jpg

·
Registered
21,491 Posts
Cool photo find Dave! Suppressors should be mandatory on all firearms for both hearing protection and to not scare the anti-2nd amendment types any more than necessary.:cool:

Even find something once never to find it again? I went out the other day and could not re-locate an interesting single track I stumbled upon on my way home one after a fun sunset/night ride with Adam-in-Nevada. Hmmm...maybe I just need to look again after dark. :unsure:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Removed another 5 inches of snow from the covered TW in the driveway. Springtime in the mountains! I did have a TW200 sighting this morning. I was browsing some mufflers on SilencerCo.com and look what caught my eye!
View attachment 214708
That's a funky looking Marlin. But a nice bike!

6521 - 6537 of 6537 Posts