TW200 Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

6621 - 6640 of 6717 Posts

·
Registered
2,904 Posts
Guys, I checked mine before our GOTG trip in April, and seemed fine, other than being a tad loose (The bolt was tight, and there wasn't any wear around the bolt). Didn't think much of it then, but now.....shouldn't it NOT move?
I think that they normally shift very slightly but I think it would be best to silicone it in place along with the normal install. It is when cracked it could be ready to start falling apart.

·
Registered
638 Posts
I think that they normally shift very slightly but I think it would be best to silicone it in place along with the normal install. It is when cracked it could be ready to start falling apart.
Not a bad idea, thanks! I didn't notice any obvious cracking, etc., but doesn't mean it's not since you can't see all around it easily. Prolly should go ahead and purchase a replacement.

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
3M automotive weatherstripping adhesive works great for holding these in place....

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
My man! (y) I'm the same way, just replace Avalanche for 'BAMA! :cool:
Hell yeah, brother, it's the playoffs! Lost last night but we lead the series 2-1...

LET'S GO AVS!!!

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Chain seal installed and swingarm re-installed. Checked valves and found the intake measured at .004 instead of .003 where I like it. Adjusted and re-torqued intake valve, and added 1 shim under the needle while I had the tank off. Cleaned/lubed the chain and air filter. Replaced 90-degree fuel filter and added some more items to the tool tube. A needle-nose vise grip, a small crescent wrench big enough to handle the axle nuts, a backup fuel filter, about an 8" section of backup fuel line, and a master link.

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
I had a project in West Texas where it was said that while it rains only 8 inches a year you should be there the day it does rain😊
Impressive a desert environment when the driving rain bouncing off dirt roads makes a muddy knee high brown mist.
I spent a few years in El Paso... and you are very right. I've never seen flash flooding like that where it'll be 95, bone dry... the street becomes a river, taking cars, dogs, children and everyone's 10mm socket with it... 10-30min later, back to sunshine... so bizarre.

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
I rode down to Lowe's hardware to pick up some plumbing fittings ....
9 miles there 47 miles back....
funny how it works out that way..
they finally have non ethanol gas back in the area !
mike from NC

·
Registered
2,904 Posts
I went riding with a buddy up at the elementary school today. We practiced jumping the parking barriers like a downed log. I am out of practice. It took me a while until I was getting the front wheel up and over with the front tire up in the air. We were practicing those tight turns at poky speeds. My legs were tired after that. I have decided that if I show up to one of the rides I am riding with the oldest people in the group and the women.

·
Registered
1,983 Posts
That's way too far off of the ground for me. It's not the take off, it's the landing that I'm uncomfortable with.
Like they told me in skydiving training:
"The fall never hurt anybody...it's that sudden stop you have to watch out for!"

·
Registered
51 Posts
I didn’t do to good today, I removed my front ManRack and sent the TW down the road to a new and excited owner, think I’m going to save and buy a newer one, will miss having both kick and electric start.

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Dude, make sure your frickin tray tables upright... we've got a fat, flying, four-banger with a human strapped to it doin Mach 1 at 4.5ft.

Heck yea man!!!

I often wonder if my TW could handle the intense ammount of barbarian energy transmitted from a taint-to-seat medium during a jump of the same height. Or if my poor little TW would crumble trying to absorb that much raw power.

6621 - 6640 of 6717 Posts