TW200 Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

6641 - 6660 of 6716 Posts

·
Registered
2004 TW200, Jets 'n Shims, DGV2, Acerbis Guards, ProTaper KX, JNS LED BLK
344 Posts
Dude, make sure your frickin tray tables upright... we've got a fat, flying, four-banger with a human strapped to it doin Mach 1 at 4.5ft.

Heck yea man!!!

I often wonder if my TW could handle the intense ammount of barbarian energy transmitted from a taint-to-seat medium during a jump of the same height. Or if my poor little TW would crumble trying to absorb that much raw power.
That seems a sick amount of air for a TW, right?! Holy crap. Even with a modded suspension, hard to imagine not bottoming or breaking something with that much altitude. Serious testicular fortitude. Would have pay-per-viewed to see the landing.

Bravo, to the fearless flyer!

·
Registered
2004 TW200, Jets 'n Shims, DGV2, Acerbis Guards, ProTaper KX, JNS LED BLK
344 Posts
3, 2, 1, &.... LIFTOFF! Nice image capture.

The big question on everyone's mind... Did you stick the landing & were there any mechanical casualties?

You just might have the highest confirmed TW jump there, by anyone that lived to tell the tale!

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
Nawh, if he stuck his landing with a one two punch as his angle of approach suggests, he and the bike are fine.

Marty

·
Registered
515 Posts
Was playing with the blinkers and noticed they would stay on and not blink. Then they went on and off when the steering was turned to the left. Disconnected the battery and looked for a short.
Found 3 wires chafed at the column. Check your wires at this area in the photo. Avoid a short and melt down. They got pinched on the steering stop.
20210608_170401.jpg

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
Was playing with the blinkers and noticed they would stay on and not blink. Then they went on and off when the steering was turned to the left. Disconnected thr battery and looked for a short.
Found 3 wires chafed at the column. Check your wires at this atea in the photo. Avoid a short and melt down. They got pinched on the steering stop. View attachment 215482
Thanks for sharing that "Preventive Maintenance" tip Oldworld. Can surely prove to be a big time saver in the future.
And a "Preventive Headache" track down.

Marty

·
Registered
638 Posts
And, darn it!! We still haven't made it to the elusive Noah's Island.....and not a lotta rain it seems, but nope....still boggy! Something's trying to keep us away. :unsure:

Did some exploring around Bethea State Forest and Osceola Nat. Forest with forum member SpeedyTide.

This is a road through Pinhook Swamp which is part of Impassable Bay headed towards the elusive Noah's Island.
View attachment 206175

This was the end of the road in front of the bikes for now. Have to come back with more daylight and perhaps when less rain has soaked our path.
View attachment 206178

·
Registered
21,596 Posts
Betty Boop is in surgery today.

Her recovery once home will benefit from some internal bling , ladies seem to like shiny stuff. In this case it is one of Wiseco’s jewels of hi compression pistons with matching cylinder and gapped rings for my 223cc Brazilian TTR engine. This is all courtesy of
Forum Member elime.
The Wiseco box says “ One Name, One Solution”. I think the name could just as well be ELIME since Tony is really helping me out . Betty’s dumpster grade Craigslist TTR engine that TW-Brian found for me had started burning way too much oil.
Thanks elime, I owe you big time.
E45B711C-3E91-4EED-81B2-D18284CE41A6.jpeg

·
Registered
1,983 Posts
Was playing with the blinkers and noticed they would stay on and not blink. Then they went on and off when the steering was turned to the left. Disconnected the battery and looked for a short.
Found 3 wires chafed at the column. Check your wires at this area in the photo. Avoid a short and melt down. They got pinched on the steering stop. View attachment 215482
Great tip...thanks!

Reactions: reddave

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
I really got to pick up one of those Wiseco's!!! After all - I still have an intake valve job to do on my 1987's original engine... What better time, right? Anyway, I'm heading out tomorrow for some potentially preemptive post-treeline exploration. Therefore, today I re-installed the 6-link X-ring chain extension, and the corresponding 70T rear sprocket onto the Duro Power Grip-equipped rear wheel. I noticed some wear on the inside face of the anodization on the sprocket, so I decided to flip it over to Side "B." I figured it's likely due to the fact that the Sprocket Specialties aluminum sprocket does not have the same machined relief as the factory steel sprocket - and this would make it slightly offset of an actually "straight" alignment. Not really any noticeable wear to speak of - but the anodization does make it seem much more apparent than the finger can feel!

70Tside1.jpg

70Tside2.jpg

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Betty Boop is in surgery today. View attachment 215528

Her recovery once home will benefit from some internal bling , ladies seem to like shiny stuff. In this case it is one of Wiseco’s jewels of hi compression pistons with matching cylinder and gapped rings for my 223cc Brazilian TTR engine. This is all courtesy of
Forum Member elime.
The Wiseco box says “ One Name, One Solution”. I think the name could just as well be ELIME since Tony is really helping me out . Betty’s dumpster grade Craigslist TTR engine that TW-Brian found for me had started burning way too much oil.
Thanks elime, I owe you big time. View attachment 215529
I hope she gets well soon !

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Betty Boop is in surgery today. View attachment 215528

Forum Member elime.
Thanks elime, I owe you big time. View attachment 215529
The fact you get to state that your bike has a "Brazilian" engine makes it sound so exotic.

Fred has the most exotic TW on the forum... anyone think theirs is more exotic? Think again if your engine isn't from Brazil!

·
Registered
21,596 Posts

I too thought it was kind of neat to imagine my TTR motor somehow cast on the banks of the Amazon; with colorful indigenous people busy making my motor surrounded by lush jungle, piranha,poison arrow frogs, etc.
Actually Yamaha's Manaus Plant in the Free Trade Zone is pretty industrial and has been making many models for many years, some we Neve see stateside.

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
The fact you get to state that your bike has a "Brazilian" engine makes it sound so exotic.

Fred has the most exotic TW on the forum... anyone think theirs is more exotic? Think again if your engine isn't from Brazil!
It is currently missing some trim on the sides, so "Brazilian" is a very accurate description.

6641 - 6660 of 6716 Posts