TW200 Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2021 HERE!
7221 - 7240 of 7338 Posts

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Fred, very interesting. Aside from the chain problems, my Tuesday closely mimicked your day today. I changed out the petcock and went for a snow ride.
I was very happy with the excellent snow performance of the Terracross rear. I found that at 12-15 inches of snow it runs out of traction requiring really shift weight to the far back of the seat and still churning to get going.
The front Shinko is definitely the limiting factor on snowy roads with only a few inches, but then did surprisingly well in the deep powder.
Plant Snow Automotive tire Tree Sky

Tire Snow Sports equipment Automotive tire Slope

·
Registered
3,408 Posts
P.S.Moderators, thanks for allowing me numerous editing beyond the designated weekly limit. I understand the intent is likely to prevent us from changing things in an acrimonious dispute so appreciate that you folks just know I am just a bad speller.
What you talkin' bout Willis?!
There's a limit to how many edits you can do in a week? Seriously?!

In the meantime, I would have thought you have had more snow than that. Heck, I got almost that much and I'm below 2,000' elevation.
Yesterday morning while sipping my coffee and scratching myself, I took these out the window. NO freaking way I'm going to go riding in this cold of weather. Ha! I'll ski in it, but I won't ride in it.
Sky Snow Branch Natural landscape Twig

Snow Plant Branch Building Natural landscape

The only place on my body I get cold is that little strip of flesh between my goggles and my helmet. Man is that cold! Ice Cream headache cold. The camera angle is looking down on me because my son, who is 6' 6" took it. He looks down on a lot of the world it seems.
Helmet Outerwear Goggles Sports equipment Snow

·
Super Moderator
15,214 Posts

·
Registered
22,415 Posts
Hijack? Not at all, right in line with thread title. Besides words were poetic, photos were gorgeous and YAWP's TW accomplishments most impressive. That's some axle deep snow!
Bet my bobcat visitor would sure like to have access to all those turkeys.

Glad the Terracross is giving good snow performance in Oregon's powder. Was afraid my recommendation of this tire would not suit others as well as it suited me. I would have gotten another had I not been seduced by pleasant experience with TW-Brian's DuroV2 on a trailer wheel.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I'm not sure if it counts, but I went in to the dealership (3ish hours away) and paid for my TW in full. I put a $500 deposit on it when I sold my R6 earlier this year. I don't have the bike yet, it should be here sometime in January. Going to continue browsing the forums. Can't wait to truly be a part of the family!

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
Hell yes, it counts, slow. If you're here - your family! Welcome aboard, brother.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Thank you! So much good on this site to browse through, and a lot of nice people. I am very happy to be here. Next step is installing my trailer hitch on the car and acquiring a trailer. I would love to ride the TW home first day and backroad the whole way, buuut Michigan and January might make that a problem haha.

·
Registered
3,021 Posts
Thank you! So much good on this site to browse through, and a lot of nice people. I am very happy to be here. Next step is installing my trailer hitch on the car and acquiring a trailer. I would love to ride the TW home first day and backroad the whole way, buuut Michigan and January might make that a problem haha.
I totally get that. I bought my first one and rode it several miles at 28 degrees. Put a garbage sack on and a off road jacket I talked the dealership out of to get it to where my pickup was. I was riding with my daughter in her jeep wagon. My fingers haven't been the same since.

·
Registered
22,415 Posts
After carefully installing a new 428 VM master link on Betty Boop I just had to go for a test ride.:cool:

First ride before dusk has no photos, went investigating odd noises. It was kids sledding on neighbor's land. No way was I going to give them any sort of NO TRESPASSING hassle. Sorry, 'tis Christmas. Bless all here, have fun!

Bike did so well on crusty snow & ice went out trail riding later on again with my snowman buddy. Heard there was a recent thread about LED Lights so though I'ld show some I like.
Automotive lighting Nature Lighting Water Headlamp

They are very nice but a little distracting when they get to twinkling on and off.
Automotive lighting Purple Entertainment Visual effect lighting Gas

Night riding on steep snowy trails isn't as odd as it sounds. Well...maybe a little bit. But why not?
Nature World Art Astronomical object Gas

·
Registered
22,415 Posts
Making tracks again while I still can before predicted heavy snows arrives. Sunny days and cold nights have left the residual snow crunchy with acceptable traction. Long tracks are made by panicky mule deer dragging their toes as they flee either the mighty TW or my dog ( nose buried in deer track at right bottom).
Tire Wheel Snow Vehicle Automotive tire

·
Premium Member
2018 TW200 - Ricochet Skid Plate, Fancy lookin' pegs.
136 Posts
Rode it up to the local mechanic yesterday for a valve adjustment and general "once over".

I had planned on doing the valves myself, but I'm on a new project now that chews up 3 hrs a day just traveling back and forth.

And now, my wife got her motorcycle license and is itching to ride. I'll gladly risk my own hide on my half-assed repairs and such, but seeing as how if something happens to her, I'll have to find an orphanage for these kids, I figure I better let someone that knows what they are doing have a look.

7221 - 7240 of 7338 Posts