TW200 Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2021 HERE!
7241 - 7260 of 7337 Posts

·
Registered
1,839 Posts
HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE !
Well I manned up today and braved the winter weather .
It's barely breaking 76 degree's today ...
Sometimes you just have to engage testosterone and go for it...LOL
Ditched work at lunch . ( No I don't feel bad about it at all )
Gave the dub a shot of sta-bil marine and liberal dose of startron. ..
Took her out for 75 easy back road miles just wandering around 35-45 mph ...
No off road unfortunately ...
Topped her off with non ethanol mid grade gas ( 3.96 a gallon ) ...
Took her home and tucked her in just as a light rain started....
Not a bad way to spend the first day of the year ....
I WISH EVERYONE THE BEST OF LUCK IN THE UPCOMING NEW YEAR ! ! !
mike from NC

·
Super Moderator
20,979 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Also purchased the JNS Morimoto headlight kit, as well as two amber Morimoto wide angle 4 banger pods for the bike today. I'm currently building some brackets for them to mount off the triple tree clamps. Excited to see them turn night to day.

Automotive tire Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Automotive design Shipping box

Automotive lighting Amber Watch Gas Automotive design

Camera accessory Electronic device Auto part Gadget Audio equipment

Automotive lighting Amber Rectangle Natural material Jewellery

·
Registered
729 Posts
Pulled the ebay trigger on the final 225 swap parts. Now, if my 4 month old Partzilla order will just ship...:cautious:

·
Registered
729 Posts
From ebay? A TW stator and pulser coil.

From Partzilla? 10 of my remain 43 item order. Mostly just specific hardware and valve train items.

Reactions: littletommy

·
Registered
82 Posts
Gotcha! Yes I hate waiting on stuff like that. I assume it's backordered like so much RN. Getting quality parts from overseas has been ridiculous thr last year or so.

·
Registered
729 Posts
I ordered it in September thinking, "No rush, I have all winter." Well, now I'm getting impatient. Once I have all the parts I'll probably do a build thread on how to do a TTRXTW225 swap the hard and expensive way.

·
Registered
3,407 Posts
I ordered it in September thinking, "No rush, I have all winter." Well, now I'm getting impatient. Once I have all the parts I'll probably do a build thread on how to do a TTRXTW225 swap the hard and expensive way.
We will have competition threads then. I think I got everything but some valve stem seals. My donor TTR225 motor smokes a little when cold. Lots of compression with a new barrel and piston so that isn't it.
eBay I got stator, rotor, pulser, side cover, counter shaft extension, carb intake boot, clone carb, and other stuff I can't recall right now.

·
Registered
2004 TW200, Jets 'n Shims, DGV2, Acerbis Guards, ProTaper KX, JNS LED BLK
510 Posts
Swapped the rubber OE brake line for a stainless braided Galfer hose:
Tire Wheel Bicycle tire Automotive tire Crankset

Master Cylinder: Remove, disassemble, prep for repaint & later re-assembly with rebuild kit (Boss Bearing Part #18-1018B) mfg spec is TW’s 2000-2020

Gas Bicycle part Auto part Tool Wrist

Font Reflex camera Technology Electronic component Camera lens

·
Registered
1,839 Posts
Reactions: littletommy

·
Registered
2022 TW200
83 Posts
Today was a beautiful January day in North Carolina. The temp was about 65 degrees this afternoon. I went for a quick 30 minute ride down the back roads near my house. I saw several other cyclists out enjoying the weather.

I really love how people on motorcycles always waive at each other. It really is kind of like an extended family...

·
Registered
22,414 Posts
Since my TTR forks require a longer speedometer cable than the TW's OEM one due to the longer fork travel I assume same would be true for the brake line. i.e. get a stainless TW hose for an install in a TW.
Many of these braided steel lines can also be ordered by length, not necessarily by application.

Anyways Betty Boop fired right up so I rode mine today rather than swap out the OEM carb for a new shiny PRC clone. These clones are more affordable than the jets, gaskets, etc needed to re-bult my spare loaner carb after it came back from the last "loan".
Guess I like to ride more than wrench.
Snow Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Hood

·
Registered
1,839 Posts
Today was a beautiful January day in North Carolina. The two was about 65 degrees this afternoon. I went for a quick 30 minute ride down the back roads near my house. I saw several other cyclists out enjoying the weather.

I really love how people on motorcycles always waive at each other. It really is kind of like an extended family...
Yes a beautiful day for riding in the Carolina's ..
Till I topped off the tank and the rain set in ...
Ohhhh well it happens ...
mike from NC

7241 - 7260 of 7337 Posts