TW200 Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2021 HERE!
7261 - 7280 of 7337 Posts

·
Registered
2004 TW200, Jets 'n Shims, DGV2, Acerbis Guards, ProTaper KX, JNS LED BLK
510 Posts
Reactions: littletommy

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
Also purchased the JNS Morimoto headlight kit, as well as two amber Morimoto wide angle 4 banger pods for the bike today. I'm currently building some brackets for them to mount off the triple tree clamps. Excited to see them turn night to day.

View attachment 221519

View attachment 221518
View attachment 221517
View attachment 221516
Also purchased the JNS Morimoto headlight kit, as well as two amber Morimoto wide angle 4 banger pods for the bike today. I'm currently building some brackets for them to mount off the triple tree clamps. Excited to see them turn night to day.

View attachment 221519

View attachment 221518
View attachment 221517
View attachment 221516
King-size
How much brighter is your new light compared to the other led kits on the market ?
mike from NC

·
Registered
787 Posts
Finally rode the darned thang this year. Normally ride on the first. Oh well. Rode amongst the snowbanks on the road only. Logging roads and trails were sheer ice. No thanks.

Anyways. Got 30 some kms just putzing about town. Made lots of people smile and wave.

·
Registered
3,408 Posts
Since my TTR forks require a longer speedometer cable than the TW's OEM one due to the longer fork travel I assume same would be true for the brake line. i.e. get a stainless TW hose for an install in a TW.
Many of these braided steel lines can also be ordered by length, not necessarily by application.

Anyways Betty Boop fired right up so I rode mine today rather than swap out the OEM carb for a new shiny PRC clone. These clones are more affordable than the jets, gaskets, etc needed to re-bult my spare loaner carb after it came back from the last "loan".
Guess I like to ride more than wrench.
View attachment 221577
Is there a thread about TTR forks on a TW 200? If so, can you link to it? Never heard of that mod.

·
Registered
272 Posts
When I put in the Cogent fork kit I discovered I had a center detent position to my steering.

When I put in the All Balls bearing kit I tore out a lead on one of my heated grips.

When I put on the replacement grip heating elements, I needed to insulate the left side to better match the heat left to right.

The LED bulbs for the turn & running lights arrived today. When I put them in... well, nothing they just worked. No diodes, no resisters and no wiring mods. Polarity independent bulbs and a solid-state flasher are the way to go for a plug and play LED solution.

Afterwards, I got in a 28mi smokeless ride in the desert. Couple more of those and I'll re-torque the steering stem. BTW, while the top All Balls bearing does sit a bit higher and prevent the ring nut from engaging as many threads as the stock bearing, factory torque spec for the ring nut is only 4.4 ft-lbs. The stem bolt is taking the load @ 65 ft-lbs. No danger of the ring nut failing if everything is torqued to spec. In fact, the thread engagement of the ring nut was plenty to comfortably exceed the factory recommended 27 ft-lbs to seat the bearings.

Got home and my rear tire is looking a little worn, sheesh, will it never end?

·
Registered
3,308 Posts
I'm still using my TW as my main scoot to work. It's a fun little bike. I'm going to take a bike off my friends hands so I will have a bike to sell soon. It's a Buell Blast but at a deal I can't refuse. I'm not sure which bike out of four but one will have to go.

·
Super Moderator
20,980 Posts
Reactions: Ken

·
Registered
22,414 Posts
Maybe toastie toes tonight LittleTommy. However some Mormon friends who moved from the cold to Texas keep sending me warm stuff like these booties. He is FBI, she is playful. So don’t know if they are teasing me from the warmth of Texas or just being kind and helpful.

EDIT: photo fail, poor cell but I have a nice heat reflecting rock alcove for my fire so all is well

·
Registered
3,308 Posts
They could be off-loading the no longer needed cold weather gear. That's really nice of them though.

·
Registered
22,414 Posts
Probably a bit of both, doing their duty while hiding it in a bit of dismissive humor. Good as they come, outstanding kids in college now but known since they were overcoming fear of dogs as pre-schoolers by poking my Rottweiler in the eye ball.
Last chance for fire photo then heading back in dark to camp to light real fire.

·
Registered
2,128 Posts
Started her up and rode her a bit around the back yard, then lined her up with her siblings for a photo shoot. WR250R is missing from the line up.
Tire Wheel Vehicle Plant Motorcycle

Wheel Tire Vehicle Automotive lighting Motor vehicle

·
Registered
22,414 Posts
Scenic Sandy Siingletrackery today with a chance of rain and more Raptors zooming and booming overhead in various air combat maneuvers. Gets very loud when they go into vertical. OK by me👍😎
Sky Cloud Bedrock Wood Grass

·
Registered
2022 TW200
83 Posts
It got up to about 50 degrees today. I cranked her up, let it warm up for 5 minutes, and went for a slow 2 mile long ride around the block (gravel roads, not a real city block). I never got above 25mph...

I don't have a garage or a barn, that's next on my to do list... She sits on the back porch, and we've have the last several nights in the 20s. I know I need to put a battery tender on her, but I haven't done it yet, so today's short ride was a good battery charging!

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Spent some time camping/riding in the Southeastern mountains of AZ. The Chiricahua mountains. They go up to 9700 feet and have some intense riding and views. Lower elevations were wet and muddy, snow and ice up a bit… very fun. Lots of history too. Geronimo and Cochise used to hide, gather and prepare for war with the Blue coats in this area. I can understand why. So many peaks and valleys. You would really be in advantage knowing the area.
Its all on National forest land and camping is allowed. Found a great place. Had to cross a small creek. Fun with lots of rear end of Class C doing plants of scraping
Found a few single tracks that looped out into a small valley and back on other side of smaller peak. So much wild terrain.
camped at about 5000 feet. Went down to mid 20s at night, low 50s by day. Fire was appreciated!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Woods are much more like in NorCal area I’m usually riding in vs AZ desert
Summer up there ( Chiricahua) should be great

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
20,980 Posts
Woods are much more like in NorCal area I’m usually riding in vs AZ desert
Summer up there ( Chiricahua) should be great
Oh, that one corner looks fun for flat tracking, I can see the mud flying from here!!

·
Super Moderator
15,214 Posts
Spent some time camping/riding in the Southeastern mountains of AZ. The Chiricahua mountains. They go up to 9700 feet and have some intense riding and views. Lower elevations were wet and muddy, snow and ice up a bit… very fun. Lots of history too. Geronimo and Cochise used to hide, gather and prepare for war with the Blue coats in this area. I can understand why. So many peaks and valleys. You would really be in advantage knowing the area.
Its all on National forest land and camping is allowed. Found a great place. Had to cross a small creek. Fun with lots of rear end of Class C doing plants of scraping
Found a few single tracks that looped out into a small valley and back on other side of smaller peak. So much wild terrain.
camped at about 5000 feet. Went down to mid 20s at night, low 50s by day. Fire was appreciated!
I'm sitting by a fire trying to keep warm as you did. The only issue, I didn't get a fun TW ride before I settled in with my banky. Looks like a great place to ride, snow or no snow!

7261 - 7280 of 7337 Posts