TW200 Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
7661 - 7680 of 7796 Posts

·
Registered
23,057 Posts
Today I revsited some nice older trails and places hadn't been in quite some time.
Wheel Tire Sky Cloud Automotive tire

Scenic Singletrack Saturday
Tire Wheel Sky Plant Vehicle

Recent snow and rain keeps sandy soil to my liking.
Plant Sky Plant community Vehicle Automotive tire

Entrance to my remote Man Cave. Everyone should have a man cave.
Plant Mountain Bedrock Sky Mountainous landforms

Haven't been to that rock shelter in a long time and apparently left this. Stopped using these tough recycled bottles I liked for my lemonade once COVID made the lemonade no longer available. Apparently something else liked the lemonade too, pretty well chewed up.:cool:
Wood Bedrock Bottle Gas Concrete

Still a nice place to enjoy a sunset, get out of the wind, snow or sun, or perhaps like my little buddy here soak up some springtime sun.
Sky Cloud Plant Mountain Bedrock

I duck for occasional low flying trees.
Plant Motor vehicle Light Automotive lighting Automotive tire

Scenic curves on a lazy day.
Plant Plant community Tree Natural landscape Wood

I have fond memories of this place. Plumbstraight was attacking this hill nicely once with me until he got sideswiped by trailside brush upper left corner of photo and got a bit of a gash in his upper left corner.
Plant Sky Tree Bedrock Larch

Not fond memories due to the trickle of blood running plumb staight down Plumbstraight's face but because that was when I first met Randall and quickly realized what a great guy he is.
We've gotten into trouble together a few times over the years since then.:giggle:
All good times, all good riding and no more scar tissue. What could be better?
Plant Tree Natural landscape Road surface Land lot

·
Registered
23,057 Posts
Why thank you. It really is a fun place to ride with lots of boulders to hide behind.
Plant Sky Bedrock Tree Formation

With such interesting riding literally out my back door don't know why I end up traveling to other ride destinations.
Perhaps time to renew love affair with local rides.

·
Premium Member
1,311 Posts
Today I revsited some nice older trails and places hadn't been in quite some time.
View attachment 225700

Scenic Singletrack Saturday
View attachment 225701

Recent snow and rain keeps sandy soil to my liking.
View attachment 225702

Entrance to my remote Man Cave. Everyone should have a man cave.
View attachment 225703

Haven't been to that rock shelter in a long time and apparently left this. Stopped using these tough recycled bottles I liked for my lemonade once COVID made the lemonade no longer available. Apparently something else liked the lemonade too, pretty well chewed up.:cool:
View attachment 225704
Still a nice place to enjoy a sunset, get out of the wind, snow or sun, or perhaps like my little buddy here soak up some springtime sun.
View attachment 225706

I duck for occasional low flying trees.
View attachment 225705

Scenic curves on a lazy day.
View attachment 225707

I have fond memories of this place. Plumbstraight was attacking this hill nicely once with me until he got sideswiped by trailside brush upper left corner of photo and got a bit of a gash in his upper left corner.
View attachment 225708
Not fond memories due to the trickle of blood running plumb staight down Plumbstraight's face but because that was when I first met Randall and quickly realized what a great guy he is.
We've gotten into trouble together a few times over the years since then.:giggle:
All good times, all good riding and no more scar tissue. What could be better?
View attachment 225709
Love these pics Fred!!

The tire on rock is :cool:

Reactions: Fred

·
Premium Member
1,311 Posts
Nice pics!! That waterfall pic is amazing!!

Just one question though. Were all those other bike able to keep up with you? :)

Just unloaded the bike and got everything put away after the Eastern RDV. Had a great time. I desperately need a GoPro camera or something like that. Did some of the TAT and SM500, some great single track, a pretty gnarly jeep trail as well as some of the Cherohala Skyway, and plenty of great gravel in the area.

View attachment 225773

View attachment 225775

View attachment 225776

View attachment 225777

View attachment 225778

View attachment 225774

·
Super Moderator
15,574 Posts
Just unloaded the bike and got everything put away after the Eastern RDV. Had a great time. I desperately need a GoPro camera or something like that. Did some of the TAT and SM500, some great single track, a pretty gnarly jeep trail as well as some of the Cherohala Skyway, and plenty of great gravel in the area.

View attachment 225773

View attachment 225775

View attachment 225776

View attachment 225777

View attachment 225778

View attachment 225774
Very neat ride. Love the waterfall. This looks like some structure from ancient Greek or Roman times. :)
Plant Tree Vegetation Grass Building

·
Premium Member
2018 TW200 - Ricochet Skid Plate, Fancy lookin' pegs.
139 Posts
Goofing around this afternoon in my buddy's yard I managed to fall over... directly on to a rock apparently the exactly right size to fit between my grip and clutch lever bending it like a banana...

Got it home and attempted to bend it back succeeding only in snapping it off.

Anyone got an even cheaper fix before I order OEM levers? The brake lever was already tweaked from previous misadventures.

guess I should put those hand guard on that have been in my garage for 2 months?

·
Registered
4,130 Posts
Goofing around this afternoon in my buddy's yard I managed to fall over... directly on to a rock apparently the exactly right size to fit between my grip and clutch lever bending it like a banana...

Got it home and attempted to bend it back succeeding only in snapping it off.

Anyone got an even cheaper fix before I order OEM levers? The brake lever was already tweaked from previous misadventures.

guess I should put those hand guard on that have been in my garage for 2 months?
I bought these off eBay a couple years ago. Several forum members have. Order the WR250R, but actually I don't think it matters. They are 'shorty' style levers, you use 2 fingers, not all four, so you can keep 2 fingers on your grips. They fit much better behind bark busters if you do get those too. Full length levers are sometimes hard to fit with bark busters and result in less than ideal lever placement.

eBay levers

They are double jointed as well. Less likely to break even without bark busters. Only $17 for the PAIR!
NOTE:
These are for the later model TW200 with the front disc brake. I don't know if they fit older TW's with drum front brake.

Automotive tire Automotive lighting Automotive exhaust Bicycle part Vehicle brake

Wheel Automotive lighting Tire Automotive tire Vehicle brake

·
Registered
2012 TW200, 1988 DT50, 2002 ZRX1200
97 Posts
Got mine out of the storage unit yesterday. I finally put these decals on my side covers. I bought the bike used and the PO had removed them. A surprising number of what I’d consider “motorcycle people” asked me what bike it was, now they’ll know.

Automotive design Wood Eyewear Office supplies Font

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
Nice pics!! That waterfall pic is amazing!!

Just one question though. Were all those other bike able to keep up with you? :)
That waterfall is Bald River Falls. If it weren't so crowded that day I would've parked the TDub on the bridge in front of it for a better shot.

Funny you should ask, though. By the time we got the Cherohala Skyway the little TW was leading.

Tire Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle Plant

Wheel Tire Vehicle Automotive tire Motorcycle

Very neat ride. Love the waterfall. This looks like some structure from ancient Greek or Roman times. :)
View attachment 225787
Not quite that old, but it seems about as well built so far.

Sky Rectangle Art Monochrome photography Metal

·
Registered
895 Posts
I bought these off eBay a couple years ago. Several forum members have. Order the WR250R, but actually I don't think it matters. They are 'shorty' style levers, you use 2 fingers, not all four, so you can keep 2 fingers on your grips. They fit much better behind bark busters if you do get those too. Full length levers are sometimes hard to fit with bark busters and result in less than ideal lever placement.

eBay levers

They are double jointed as well. Less likely to break even without bark busters. Only $17 for the PAIR!
NOTE:
These are for the later model TW200 with the front disc brake. I don't know if they fit older TW's with drum front brake.

View attachment 225789

View attachment 225790
I bought them as well. Confirm that WR250R fit. They've gone in price since. If you do buy them be sure to take them apart and use some Loctite on the threads. I lost one of the brake pivot bolts in a very deep puddle on a power line cut road. I hadn't noticed they had loosened so much during the ride.

Reactions: Ken

·
Registered
15 Posts
View attachment 224344
Oh yes.... It is beautiful.

However...

View attachment 224345
I've got a small leak, you can see the Teflon getting soaked by oil. I torqued the bolts down a little bit and went for a quick ride up the street to see if that fixed it but that doesn't appear to be the case. Now that I think about it, I should've waited until the part cooled before torquing it since aluminum is a softer metal. Oh well.
That hose looks very close to the muffler. Seems that would heat up your oil or burn the hose.

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
Got the Flexjet installed and went for a 70-mile ride! I made a quick and easy increase in pilot screw adjustment from 2 turns to 2.5 turns out in order to eliminate some slight popping on deceleration. It was a little cooler for riding today than preferred but, nothing warms the heart like a well-running T-Dub!

·
Premium Member
1,311 Posts
Installed some tie-down brackets. Purchased fronts nearly 4 years ago 🤦🏼‍♂️, so about time 😁. Installed them behind the high mount fender bracket. The top slotted holes are for the small LED’s, but I’ll install those later.
Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Grille Hood Automotive tire

The rears were gifted to me, so since the fronts only fit on the front (triple), I decided to mount these where the passenger pegs went.
Automotive tire Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Bumper Vehicle brake

Wheel Tire Vehicle Automotive tire Motor vehicle

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
Painted my trailer wheel hub. Since I already had the paint and prep materials ready to go I figured why stop there? So I decided that I would throw some black on the brake drum, hub, and the brake arm also.
Automotive tire Grass Automotive wheel system Rim Sports equipment

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
See what happens when I get a little free time on my hands on some spray paint? Too crappy to do the fender and cowling today. I might even throw some gloss white on the scoops to brighten them up a bit and match the tank a little better.

Tire Wheel Plant Automotive tire Vehicle

·
Registered
2,130 Posts
See what happens when I get a little free time on my hands on some spray paint? Too crappy to do the fender and cowling today. I might even throw some gloss white on the scoops to brighten them up a bit and match the tank a little better.

View attachment 226008
OUTSTANDING

Reactions: reddave
7661 - 7680 of 7796 Posts