TW200 Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
7881 - 7900 of 8015 Posts

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
Loaded up some fishing gear, then rode up and over Guanella Pass to Clear Lake for some fishing! I was unable to entice any Cutthroats with my small minnow imitations, however, the Rainbows were very cooperative. I was also able to hook into a very handsome male Brook trout in full spawning coloration. Then some weather started moving in so I had to pack up and head home. It was a good day.

Wheel Land vehicle Sky Cloud Tire

Water Plant Organism Body of water Fisherman

Salmon-like fish Fisherman Fish Fishing Recreational fishing

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
The majority of next winter's project has been delivered.
Font Eyewear Table Wood Auto part

Valve and cam covers should be here tomorrow. Still need to order a gasket set, a flywheel, and a few misc smalls. Ironically, a lot of the little bits I needed for my last build were included in a hardware lot I bought. So now I have unneeded duplicates. Figures.

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
Well, I'm into it now! Found an old ad for a TTR-225 parts bike on craigslist this morning for $500. It was still available so I took it home for $400. I did notice a bent shift shaft and some clean oil seeping from what appears to be the oil plug and not the crankcase. The tank and seat are in the back of the truck - hopefully, the engine's not too beat up!

Wheel Tire Land vehicle Vehicle Automotive tire

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
I predict zero regrets.

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
It's a beautiful day for riding but, curiosity has gotten the better of me today and I've been looking over the TTR parts bike. Upon further inspection, the oil drain plug was not fully seated which does explain the oil leak. Upon removal of the drain plug, however, I discovered thick milky oil! So she got a little bit of water in there at some point. Doesn't look too bad though, I don't see any signs of rust. Pulled the valve covers and everything looked nice and clean. Ordered a replacement shift shaft for $15 off the eBay. Then I replaced the stainless header with the factory TW200 pipe. I'll sell off the pipe and hopefully, be able to get this engine running while it's still in the TTR frame.

·
Registered
23,317 Posts
Rode Nibbler on a mission of mercy into town to pick up medicine for my better half plus a bag of sugar for these guys.
Cloud Sky Plant Street light Tree

Sky Cloud Tree Tints and shades Mountain

I took rolling suburban route with many traffic circles usually with entry and exit chicanes perfect for a little practice timing things so the bike's lean angle recovery from one corner then transitions falling seamlessly into the next corner. Sweet! I can see why road and track riders enjoy the pursuit of a line well done.
I think Betty Boop's 241 transitions a little easier than the heavier 244 on Nibbler, feels a little less hurried.

·
Super Moderator
15,705 Posts
A week or so ago I put a longer XT350 Brake thingy on Scoob to see if I have better brake leverage as has been reported in the past.
Wood Gas Auto part Metal Fashion accessory

On a recent outing, I did indeed seem to have better braking. Actually, have to watch out for skidding now haha!
Tire Wheel Plant Sky Cloud

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
I figured "What the Hell?" and took the TTR's front fender off the parts bike then prepped it for paint. I marked and drilled the holes for installation on the high fender mount before hitting it with flat black. I'll have to try out the longer rear brake arm, as well!

Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Motocross

·
Registered
120 Posts
Got the itch to do something to the Tdub so I switched over to an iridium spark plug at a little past 1200 miles. Was hoping to get that easy cold starting everyone keeps talking about but alas...

To elaborate, it's not difficult to start but I do have to give a tiny bit of throttle to get her going then I can let go.

I'm about 28.3% sure this spark plug looks good.
Hood Automotive lighting Wood Fender Automotive tire

·
Registered
131 Posts
Well, I'm into it now! Found an old ad for a TTR-225 parts bike on craigslist this morning for $500. It was still available so I took it home for $400. I did notice a bent shift shaft and some clean oil seeping from what appears to be the oil plug and not the crankcase. The tank and seat are in the back of the truck - hopefully, the engine's not too beat up!

View attachment 227512
Was this the one up in Silverthorne...??? If so I'm glad some one local snagged it. I just couldn't convince myself that I needed another project.
Congrats
TiredIron

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
Ordered up some gaskets and seals for the TTR engine. I also decided to finally order a Waterloo Specialties replacement CDI from Tom Bauer. The bike runs well but I'm not so sure that my 87's CDI is operating 100% correctly. Couple that with the fact that the 1987 CDIs have well-known issues - and I just figured I should replace it now.

·
Registered
684 Posts
The other day after exploring a forest service road, I rode the Dubs to Pie Town and treated myself to a slice of coconut cream pie with ice cream at the Pie-o-neer Cafe. A short time later a curly haired young man walked into the cafe and called out, "Who owns the TW??" "Me! Me!" I said. Turns out the guy was driving through town on his way to the Albuquerque Sunport to catch a plane back to Chicago, when he spotted my Dubs parked out front. A TW owner and fan, he was very excited to see another one, and enjoyed admiring mine. That was so cool!!
You meet the nicest people on a Tdub, right?? 😋

7881 - 7900 of 8015 Posts