TW200 Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
7941 - 7960 of 7992 Posts

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
NOTHING!!! I've been working several hours away from my TW for the past week, and I'm kicking myself for not bringing it along! Even worse, I've got a whole bunch of parts waiting at home to fix up my TTR225 engine and get it ready for installation. And... even worse than that - even more shit to do when I get home before I can do any work on the bikes or ride the TW. I am currently experiencing severe TWWS - Trail Way Withdrawal Syndrome...

·
Registered
38 Posts
I changed the oil in my 2021 for the first time. It has 104 miles on it now. I joined the forum two years ago. I had just about given up hope on finding a new one. I got real lucky last week. After reading all the hype about the TW for years now, i finally have one and it ain't hype.

·
Registered
992 Posts
Picked up a Giant Loop Great Basin on my way to a job this morning. Seller was really cool guy who bought it for his Africa Twin. Used it once and decided he prefers hard luggage. All there including the stickers and unused heat shield. I got it for less than 1/2 of new retail.
Product Orange Sleeve Bag Collar

Once I got back home I found that Amazon had delivered a mega-duty front tube and the mail lady left me a kickstarter assembly.
White Orange Sleeve Font Automotive tire

Keep an eye on Ebay for odd listings, there's deals to be found. This was listed as XT125 but part numbers showed to be the same as TW. This one cost me $46.40.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Picked up a Giant Loop Great Basin on my way to a job this morning. Seller was really cool guy who bought it for his Africa Twin. Used it once and decided he prefers hard luggage. All there including the stickers and unused heat shield. I got it for less than 1/2 of new retail. View attachment 228133

Once I got back home I found that Amazon had delivered a mega-duty front tube and the mail lady left me a kickstarter assembly.
View attachment 228134

Keep an eye on Ebay for odd listings, there's deals to be found. This was listed as XT125 but part numbers showed to be the same as TW. This one cost me $46.40.
Sweet score!

·
Super Moderator
15,693 Posts
All I was gonna do was change the tire...

Then I discovered the bearings had the "notch" issue. In process of putting in the All Balls replacement steering bearing kit in. When done all 4 of my 200's will have had the original bearings replaced by the All Balls Kits. Mrs. Admiral is happy with her TW steering since I replaced hers a few months back. Blue Bunny will be happy as well!
Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Motor vehicle

·
Registered
533 Posts
Another long highway ride today, about 220 miles. Goal was to acquaint myself with countryside I'm not all that familiar with. Toured some really nice lakeside road, and rode over a steep pass, elev 600 m climbing to 1775 m in 25 km. There were some long sustained grades of 6.6% or more. My gearing is 15/47 and I had maybe 30 lb of gear loaded. I'm over 200 lb. I was able to run in high gear for about 25% of the climb. With 15/47 gearing I had to downshift to 4th for the rest of the grade, with a few shifts to 3rd for short periods when the grade got just too steep or the wind blew hard. One day I'll try the same with 15/45 gearing just to see if I can do it without having to downshift even more than with 15/47 gearing.

Though it was a good workout for the mc I wasn't even breathing hard...

Paddy

·
Registered
23,296 Posts
Over weekend rode early morning one last time with long time riding buddy Adam on Mt. Spokane.
Crashed nicely in a rut and ended once again with bike atop me...shatered Jimbo Shield, displaced cowl, broken mirror, bent spot light bracket, plus another bruised knee ...a good finale to 11 day visits with TW friends. Here is abused bike at Adam's creek-side spot before loading up for 800 mile drive home arriving midnight. I'm gonna blame the 5 psi front tire as my excuse.
Tire Wheel Plant Automotive tire Motorcycle

Visited with our LittleTommy too, a great guy. We had fun.

7941 - 7960 of 7992 Posts