TW200 Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
7961 - 7980 of 7992 Posts

·
Registered
668 Posts
This morning I decided to take the Dubs to Pie Town for a Birthday breakfast celebration at the new cafe, Does and Bucks. This little cafe is an absolute gem. The food is fresh and homemade and the staff is attentive. The owners are super fans of Michelin Star chef Gordon Ramsey, so you KNOW the kitchen is spotless.
I had a yummy, perfect cinnamon roll with scrambled eggs and cheese that were light and delicious. Don't get me started on the coffee! As a Seattle's Best and Starbucks aficionado, I was delighted down to the tip of my Formas over the rich, creamy designer type coffee menu.

Font Material property Paper Recipe Document

The folks who create this gustatory magic have an actual meat smoker behind the cafe. The smell of savory ribs made my mouth water.

Cloud Sky Jeans Plant Smile

A nice couple at the cafe picked up my tab--Happy Birthday to me!--after which I was on my way back to Hermit Haven.

Tire Wheel Cloud Sky Vehicle

I made it back just before the storm hit, thank God!

Cloud Sky Ecoregion Natural landscape Road surface

So if you're in the vicinity, Does and Bucks is THE place to dine. Come on out!!

Attachments

·
Registered
1989 TW200
15 Posts
What have I done with my TW? Spent money on it!

Today I received a few goodies for the moto: new rear tire and tube, new front tire, new foot pegs, new handlebar, new levers, new grips, new chain. Waiting on my Jimbo screen, front and rear sprockets, rear turn signals, 7/8" to 1 1/8" adaptors / bar risers, mirrors, fork boots and I think that's it!
I wanted to order a left side gasket (and something else unrelated), for when I change the front sprocket, but the shipping and duty at the border was going to be more than the value of the goods. Might have to order locally for those bits. I like the idea of replacement hex bolts for everything, too! More $$$... (insert 'sigh' here)

·
Super Moderator
21,823 Posts
What have I done with my TW? Spent money on it!

Today I received a few goodies for the moto: new rear tire and tube, new front tire, new foot pegs, new handlebar, new levers, new grips, new chain. Waiting on my Jimbo screen, front and rear sprockets, rear turn signals, 7/8" to 1 1/8" adaptors / bar risers, mirrors, fork boots and I think that's it!
I wanted to order a left side gasket (and something else unrelated), for when I change the front sprocket, but the shipping and duty at the border was going to be more than the value of the goods. Might have to order locally for those bits. I like the idea of replacement hex bolts for everything, too! More $$$... (insert 'sigh' here)
Such is life in the TW world... ;) But you have to admit, it's fun.

·
Registered
1,748 Posts
When I installed the Rox 2" risers early this summer, it was apparent that a longer clutch cable was going to be in order. Although everything worked just fine, the clutch cable was very tight and became even tighter when reaching full lock on the right side. In order to resolve the issue, I ordered a cheap replacement found here. For some reason I neglected to actually measure the difference in length but, when compared side-by-side the replacement was about 2"-3" longer. I installed it with zero alterations to the cable or the bike and it works perfectly! Not bad for $14, eh?

Reactions: Ken and Snow Fox

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Man, what a mess!! Wonder if this gentleman ever got all this cleaned out. :unsure: :)

I added caulk to the inside of my wife's handlebars to help reduce the vibration based on forum postings. I was surprised to see it coming out of the kill/start switches as I was cramming it in :eek:
View attachment 204348

Guess there is a hole in the bars at that point. :(

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
I spent the morning cleaning it out with gasoline and a toothbrush and resoldering and.... actually got it working. 😁

Can't believe all the forum post I read never mentioned the holes in the bars. Oh well... Makes for a good story 😊
Guess he did!! (y)

·
Registered
23,296 Posts
Belated Happy Birthday Snow Fox, you do go out well dressed.
Open carry here with Adam. Hip holster seems probably safer in a spill rather than a shoulder, chest pack or concealed weapon chest pocket on coat.
Plant Tire Ecoregion Vehicle Wheel

While not threatening open carry tends to make people get out of your way. For it to work on bear or moose in your way you have to be a bit more threatening.:cool:

·
Registered
38 Posts
I took the seat and the tank off and ran wires (3 foot ring terminal to SAE harness quick connect 20a fuse) to the handle bars for a volt meter/USB or plug in a trickle charger. I have a tank bag so i will not mount the meter/USB or leave it plugged up. I will plug in the extension cable and charge the phone/nav in the tank bag.

·
Registered
23,296 Posts
On SAE plug install fuses should be selected based on wire guage. I would recommend avoiding the 14 & 18 guage SAE plug pigtail offerings and go with the 10 AWG plug if you pan to jump start other bikes or run other high draw accessories like 12v margarita mixers.
Liquid Cylinder Glass Drink Metal

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
On SAE plug install fuses should be selected based on wire guage. I would recommend avoiding the 14 & 18 guage SAE plug pigtail offerings and go with the 10 AWG plug if you pan to jump start other bikes or run other high draw accessories like 12v margarita mixers.
View attachment 228566
:) Is this coming from firsthand experience?

• Haha
Reactions: Ken and Snow Fox

·
Registered
2,218 Posts
View attachment 228566
12 volt mixers are for margarita rookies .... LOL
3 hp works much better ...
Kitchen appliance Food processor Tire Drinkware Blender
Kitchen appliance Food processor Tire Drinkware Blender

·
Registered
2,218 Posts
Here's the right way to do it, a two stroke motocross powered margarita mixer with expansion chamber, complete handlebar controls, carbon fiber fender, etc.

View attachment 228603
Very cool but is it small enough to fit on mecdads front rack ?
It needs to be in easy reach at stoplights .....
mike from NC

·
Registered
3,778 Posts
I did my normal riding to and from work. It is always a fun sprint home. The wind helps to both dust me and dry me off after working outside all day. I tell my coworkers not to drive behind me because I'm like PIG PEN on Charlie Brown with the little dust cloud behind me. Even though the Dubbs is getting ridden less with other bikes, it is now over 49,000 miles.

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
I did my normal riding to and from work. It is always a fun sprint home. The wind helps to both dust me and dry me off after working outside all day. I tell my coworkers not to drive behind me because I'm like PIG PEN on Charlie Brown with the little dust cloud behind me. Even though the Dubbs is getting ridden less with other bikes, it is now over 49,000 miles.
So, a ride home in the rain isn't frowned upon I take it! 😁

7961 - 7980 of 7992 Posts