TW200 Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2022 HERE!
8461 - 8480 of 8520 Posts

· Registered
23,856 Posts
Making occasional progress on Betty Boop's Phase 1 suspension make-over. TTR forks are on with TW wheel & speedo drive but playing catch-up repairing damage from older boo-boos. Have been running around for a year with things jury rigged taped together after a nasty endo on a ghost town trip. Finally taking the time and accessibility to fix.
Shattered plastic speedo housing, instrument light housing and the common base plate they mount to all repaired with plastic epoxy.
Fractured pencil beam driving light bracket welded and re-painted.
New front super Moto fender mounted to a fabricated aluminum fender bracket and then through bolted to 36mm bored out TW lower triple clamp.
Loose H4 LED bulb tightened up in socket after some 10,000 miles of bouncing around. Have hope of lessening a developing fan noise.
Longer TTR brake line and XT speedo cable correct for taller TTR forks.
Misplaced the removed TW brake caliper somewhere so put on the TTR's instead. Brake pucks still have life until I find the TW's caliper assembly buried in the snow somewhere. Fortunately interchangeability means lots of spare parts. :)
Wiring rats nest of aux turn signals, aux light switch and lights themselves still to be cleaned up before buttoning things up.
Phase 2 will have rear end dissembled to a degree to install Raptor/Banshee spring/fork combo, with a new taillight, license late combo on the recently installed grab bar eliminating OEM black fender, light assembly.
Keeping busy, no rest for the wicked.

· Registered
211 Posts
I rode to Walmart this afternoon trying to get a feel for this Bighorn knock- off tire on the road. On the way home the road in the neighborhood was blocked. Guy told me his puppy was loose and they were trying to keep him from getting run over. I rode down to see if i could help herd.
I had to keep jumping the curb, crawling over irrigation culverts and in between orange trees in this little green belt. I thought i was on Repsol Honda for a minute. It was a hoot. I think a few were wondering if i was going to get stuck.
After showing off for a few minutes i went and got my dog
Told her to catch the doggy. Took all of 15 seconds. Turns out they had been at it over 30.

· Registered
2023 TW 200, 2019 YZ250, 1996 DR650, 2 Ozarks, Trailblazer 250, TrailBoss330
42 Posts
Did some fireroading in the Ocala Natl Forest. Three of us, my tdub, an xt, and a klr650. Had a good time showing them the stuff I've been looking at for years. Sorta like a tour guide. They were psyched enough that they wanna go back real soon. Found out the Ft Gates ferry has been closed for a few years now. Hadn't been over there since the grandchildren were small. That means it's a long way between bridges crossing the St Johns River. The ferry was a great convenience for a lot of people living in that area, probably saved them 40 extra miles of driving by not having to go to a bridge.

· Registered
2008 TW200
40 Posts
Nothing with the bike itself, but I got my Forma Adventure boots yesterday. Now I have some proper motorcyle boots - was just using some cheap Walmart work boots.

Not a bad price either at $220 open box/ size returns. An ebay seller has a bunch more left in anyone is in need. They looked new and still have the tags on them, so accurate description.

· Registered
2,114 Posts
Did some fireroading in the Ocala Natl Forest. Three of us, my tdub, an xt, and a klr650. Had a good time showing them the stuff I've been looking at for years. Sorta like a tour guide. They were psyched enough that they wanna go back real soon. Found out the Ft Gates ferry has been closed for a few years now. Hadn't been over there since the grandchildren were small. That means it's a long way between bridges crossing the St Johns River. The ferry was a great convenience for a lot of people living in that area, probably saved them 40 extra miles of driving by not having to go to a bridge.
Myself and fellow forum member @Scooterbrained rode Ocala NF, then over to the Westside of the ferry back in ‘21. Next day we rode to the East side, and spoke with the owner. At that time the barge was in Jacksonville getting repairs made, and they were waiting on city approval to get the docking slip repaired after previous hurricane storm damage. Owner estimated they expected to be back open sometime last year, but as you mentioned….still aren’t. They posted video early last year of them bringing the barge back up the St. John’s River back home.

Few pics of its history, including the making of the Nissan Skyline commercial featuring Paul Newman in 1982.

Sky World Font Poster Gas

Font Motor vehicle Adaptation Tints and shades Vehicle

Font Suit Gas Space Machine

Owner gave us a token for when it’s back up and running. Looking forward to the day it reopens, and take the TW’s on the ferry. 👍🏻

Brown Textile Font Magenta Circle

· Registered
2023 TW 200, 2019 YZ250, 1996 DR650, 2 Ozarks, Trailblazer 250, TrailBoss330
42 Posts
Really sad it quit running. It was sort of an offbeat "attraction" for a lot of people. The Harley guys would show up and he would move a couple hundred thousand dollars worth of bikes across the river at one time. I asked the operator what powered the boat; he said it was an Isuzu diesel. When I was there last weekend, the lumber on the dock was all rotted out, unsafe, and the metal stuff all rusty. It'd take a lot to get it going again just in dock repair.

· Registered
2,008 Posts
Installed the trailer wheel conversion with Moto MTC tire! I wanted to ride - but instead of braving icy trails, I decided to brave the local icy river shoreline to check on the local trout population. So glad I did! The river has seemingly recovered from a brutal die-off in 2017. I was able to find multiple healthy Rainbows 12" - 16". I saw one VERY nice one that had to be pushing 20" or better. I hooked into her twice, but she shook me both times! I was also surprised by a rather rare Tiger Trout! It's a sterile hybrid of a Brook Trout crossed with a Brown Trout. Only the fifth one I've ever come across, and the third from the same river! Every T-Dub day is a good day!

Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Automotive lighting

Hand Plant Fish Fisherman Tail

Vertebrate Fish Oncorhynchus Salmon-like fish Gas

Water Fish Fisherman Fishing Ray-finned fish

· Registered
2,114 Posts
Really sad it quit running. It was sort of an offbeat "attraction" for a lot of people. The Harley guys would show up and he would move a couple hundred thousand dollars worth of bikes across the river at one time. I asked the operator what powered the boat; he said it was an Isuzu diesel. When I was there last weekend, the lumber on the dock was all rotted out, unsafe, and the metal stuff all rusty. It'd take a lot to get it going again just in dock repair.
They've been fighting the city council for years trying to get the funds needed to repair. Lots of fundraisers done from the community side of it, but the city hasn't seemed to put forth the effort on their end, even when initially they said they'd help.

Have faith it'll get sorted....just when?

· Super Moderator
14,356 Posts
After replacing Mrs. Admiral's front brake pads I thought I'd check mine. Guess it was time.
Metal Fashion accessory Font Leather Automotive exterior

Then back to Wilbur. Since I had the plastics off I thought I'd take a picture of my brace "splint". I've had this on for a couple of years now with no issues. I have a similar splint on my TW Scoob. My motto is, if it don't break more then don't fix it! haha
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Wood Bumper Bicycle part

Time to "fresh'in up" the look.
Wheel Purple Motor vehicle Tire Automotive design

Wilbur's ready for Quartzsite. Well, except for an oil change. Then it will be ready.
Tire Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle Fuel tank

Fun fact:
Font Electric blue Terrestrial plant Screenshot Number

· Registered
1,239 Posts
Automotive tire Hood Motor vehicle Automotive design Vehicle
Motor vehicle Automotive tire Vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive design

· Premium Member
2004 TW200, 3000 miles
101 Posts
I spent a solid 5 hours swearing my teeth out at mine.
The XT350 tank install was NOT as simple as a single thread led me to believe. But.... that's because a previous owner, i discovered, ground down the steering stop on the headstock. So now I've got that to take care of too. A couple of M6 capheads tapped into the bottom yoke will work, but i really didn't want to get this involved. Also, getting the seat to fit took a LOT more work than just trimming a couple of bits of plastic. None of this is insurmountable & I'm honestly enjoying the project, but i really wanted to have it finished today.

To top it all, the new tank has a f#&$*ng leak, so i guess I'm going to have to clean it all out, again, then seal it.

*le sigh.....

· Premium Member
2004 TW200, 3000 miles
101 Posts
It's getting there though. I'm hoping it'll look like a factory fit when I'm done.

Wheel Tire Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive lighting

· Registered
27 Posts
A recent storm blew the yard full of dead limbs off the trees.

I had a large box that I strapped to the Cyclerack that left me with just enough room to get on the seat and it projected about a foot off each side of the rack.

Filled the box four or five times about head high with limbs and hauled them to a brush pile at the edge of the field. The field was too wet and loose from all the rains and freezing and thawing to use the truck.

Plus the little bike was more fun

· Registered
23,856 Posts
I also like the yard maintainace abilty of the TW, just not a chilly day like today (13F). Without Low-n-slow's large box I'll pile branches parallel, then run a rope with slip knot arouind bundle and drag with the mighty TW to my chipper. If bundle large enough I'll use it as a drag to smooth out animal tracks on my ranch roads ( a trick copied from Border Patrol in Texas where they would drag roads on my project to detect, then interdict illegal immigrants.
Water Asphalt Watercourse Slope Tree

· Premium Member
2004 TW200, 3000 miles
101 Posts
Fixed my abbreviated steering stop issues. Seriously, the last guy must've thought it was a trials bike. It had almost 180° of lock-lock!
I'm getting started on the tank liner prep this afternoon & while that's happening, I'll hopefully be able tofiit &bravce the seat pan. I might even get it covered (again) if i have time.

I'll need to adjust my lock screws, trim & loctite then in place.

Bicycle part Automotive tire Vehicle brake Wood Bicycle tire

Automotive tire Tire Wood Bicycle part Rim

8461 - 8480 of 8520 Posts