TW200 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a 91 in rather good shape other than there is no vent lines coming off the carb. Now I know there should be three that run towards the back and into that hoop. My question is do the three line combine into one and hook into this or does the battery breather hook into this maybe? It is located right below the swingarm in line where the the vent lines dump.

Attachments

Super Moderator
Welcome to the forum!! :D Hopefully someone will be along that can answer that question. ;)
I bought a 91 in rather good shape other than there is no vent lines coming off the carb. Now I know there should be three that run towards the back and into that hoop. My question is do the three line combine into one and hook into this or does the battery breather hook into this maybe? It is located right below the swingarm in line where the the vent lines dump.

Registered
I don't believe that is a stock TW part. I have owned 7 TWs and one was a 1991 and have never seen that part on any of them.

GaryL

Registered
That is the fitting the main carb vent goes into, often gets clogged with mud from puddle crossings. Reverse bend is to keep an anti-siphon air slug in place to prevent water ingestion up vent line. I threw mine away after it got hopelessly clogged.

Registered
That is the fitting the main carb vent goes into, often gets clogged with mud from puddle crossings. Reverse bend is to keep an anti-siphon air slug in place to prevent water ingestion up vent line. I threw mine away after it got hopelessly clogged.
That is what I was thinking Fred except I have never seen that metal one. All my carbs, if they even had the anti siphon fitting were just a simple plastic Y fitting in the breather line so one goes down to the frame by the swing arm and the other goes up under the fuel tank. Great to have for deep water crossings. Are we on the same page with this? New replacement carbs come with the plastic Y connector. I never saw one that actually bolts to either the carb or some other place on the bike.

GaryL

Registered
Mine came with it. Carb overflow connects to it, not the vent I believe. I still have the two y vent lines off the top of the carb. It's a Cali emissions thing. I believe 49 state bikes don't have them.

Registered
Mine came with it. Carb overflow connects to it, not the vent I believe. I still have the two y vent lines off the top of the carb. It's a Cali emissions thing. I believe 49 state bikes don't have them.
Thanks VG, That splains it. We don't get no left coast bikes out here on the right coast! :eek:

GaryL

Registered
I figured. I like the Cali bike cause you can rip all that shit off and have a nice place to mount the oil cooler.....

Super Moderator
Here's the parts list pic:

It looks like it goes to the overflow? Hard to tell on my phone? The overflow tube connects to it so i'm thinking float bowl overflow.

vent.jpg

Super Moderator
VG / Fred, where does it bolt on the frame at? Just wondering. I'm thinking of a secondary use.

Registered
On the back side of the cross member of the frame. Right in front of the swing arm pivot if you will. There is a little tab that sticks up it bolts to.

Super Moderator
Thanks VG!

On the back side of the cross member of the frame. Right in front of the swing arm pivot if you will. There is a little tab that sticks up it bolts to.

Super Moderator
I'm assuming you mean here +/- ?

Thanks,

Tap.jpg

Registered
Correct on frame mounting location. Thanks for the correction on the overflow line vanillagorilla.

Registered
Discussion Starter #19
lol I think I'll keep it. It runs to damn good to even think about selling it. I got a lot ideas for this bike. But now that I got a running bike I can concentrate on getting my 85 Honda XL250 back together.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts