TW200 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all I am new to the forum, and looking forward to reading all the great advice on here. I am currently looking to buy a new 2015 TW200. Called my local dealership today and they quoted me a price of 4500 plus tax and title. Seeing that the msrp is like 4590 from what I remember seeing I thought that price to be a little high. Seeing that I have never bought a new motorcycle, is that typical for them to be priced right at msrp? Or is this particular dealership trying to get a little too deep in my pockets? Whats your thoughts?

·
Registered
6,367 Posts
4049 at Honda East in Toledo. I'm not familiar with Flat Out, but my prior experience with numerous dealers in Indy was that they added all kinds of stuff to their advertised price. Honda East does not do that.

·
Registered
6,451 Posts
^^^^^^^^^^^ Generosity rivaled by only Microsoft ^^^^^^^^^^^^ and Uncle Sam ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Tom:hello:

·
Registered
1 Posts
Check Craigslist in Cincinnati.....there is a dealer there that has a brand new 2014 advertised for $3600... They have been advertising it since before the holidays.....you might get it even cheaper.....

Mike

·
Registered
8,371 Posts
Don't bother calling dealerships! If you want a TW, current year model or left over the only true way to get the best deal is get a basic idea what you are willing to pay from the folks here and walk into the dealership with cash in your hand. Most dealers hate to see hundred dollar bills walk out the door.

You simply cannot avoid the taxes and in most states you will have to pay the title and registration fees. All the other dealer added fees are a bunch of BS such as freight and prep/set up. With cash money in your hand you should be able to walk out the door with a new 2015 for right around $4,000. If you need dealer financing and get sucked in for all sorts of other stuff like extended warranties, helmet, racks, coats, boots and gloves then you do so at your own peril. Green cash rules the day and you want a bike and just the bike.

GaryL

·
Registered
486 Posts
Check Craigslist in Cincinnati.....there is a dealer there that has a brand new 2014 advertised for $3600... They have been advertising it since before the holidays.....you might get it even cheaper.....

Mike
In the NYC are 2014s were listed for $3300-3900 in Jan, Feb & Mar. Almost all added on tons of fees. I got the $3300 but they jacked it up to $4185. I got it out the door for $3600. Not bad but a 2015 woulda been sweet!

Don't bother calling dealerships! If you want a TW, current year model or left over the only true way to get the best deal is get a basic idea what you are willing to pay from the folks here and walk into the dealership with cash in your hand. Most dealers hate to see hundred dollar bills walk out the door.

You simply cannot avoid the taxes and in most states you will have to pay the title and registration fees.
GaryL
Kinda what I do. I ask on phone no BS, what can I pay out the door, out of state. I make sure they have my email cuz I usually get a revised price when I blow them off. Then I walk in with a stack of hundreds.

In CT I pay the sales tax and reg. fees at DMV. Tax was $220 and another $100 to reg, even though the reg alone was $45. Federal clean air, new safety plate, blah, blah, blah... They are worse than the dealer!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts