TW200 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a bunch of foot pegs because they suck, and I get decent pegs for my TW200s right away. But I found a use on my KLR.

I used this one

I cut and ground off the bottom bracket. Leaving the center piece intact. I used one bolt to secure it to the KLR brake lever.

I've used it for a couple of years now, and really like it. I feel like I get much better leverage on the rear brake...that I rely on for those steep, rocky downhills.

The folding feature of the brake lever still works fine.

Nice big pedal, easy to find when I'm hurtling out of control on my big pig....

What is left of the bracket fits in the teeth of the original foot pedal, and the single bolt locks it in place. This was one of those things where I got lucky and it worked even better than I expected it to.

·
Registered
19,385 Posts
Wadda ya mean? I can see the oil right there on the concrete floor. Oil looks nicely spread out and level.:D

Cleaver re-purposing Rhodetrip, better than giving them away as Trick-or-Treats this Halloween.
Might the same modification work well on our TWs?

·
Registered
2,663 Posts
I must be in the minority here, I actually like the stock pegs. Not too wide front to back, which makes shifting and braking easier with boots on, and they don't stick out too far to get caught on things in the woods. I think I have the same wide pegs you have on your KLR. They are a HUGE improvement over the stock KLR "street" pegs, but I never cared for the "floorboard" type feel.

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Might want to check your oil level.
Ha, bunch of comedians... it's on the kickstand. But you did get me to go check. Midway between the marks, but it looks kind of dirty. Might want to change it. :D

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I must be in the minority here, I actually like the stock pegs. Not too wide front to back, which makes shifting and braking easier with boots on, and they don't stick out too far to get caught on things in the woods. I think I have the same wide pegs you have on your KLR. They are a HUGE improvement over the stock KLR "street" pegs, but I never cared for the "floorboard" type feel.
I like to stand whenever I'm off-pavement...so those are the first things to go. If you ever need replacements, let me know.
The stock KLR pegs are the worst...I had forgotten about those.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts