TW200 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've read and re read the great fork seal replacement stickies in the fourm and I'm ready to do mine.

I've bought and welded up my 12mm bolt and borrowed a couple of extensions from my dad.

I'll be ordering my parts on line and want to make sure I'm getting everything I could possibly need.

Here's my list:

Snap rings x2 22W-23153-L0-00

Oil seal x2 22W-23145-L0-00

Dust seal x2 54G-23144-00-00

I'll be buying the fork oil from the local shop.

So my question is. Is that all that I could possibly need to do the job. Any other rings, gaskets, seals I could break, lose or want to go the job?

Thanks

Matthew

·
Registered
2,223 Posts
When I blew a seal, I ordered dust and oil seals. I actually didn't need the dust seals. I put them on anyways, but the old ones were just fine. My rings were in good shape (they were weathered though) and I reused them.

Be VERY careful removing the old oil seal. The fork outer fork tube can chip/break if you put too much pressure on it. I used a tire spoon for leverage and put a rag underneath it to protect the fork.

Looks like you have all you're going to need. You'll be amazed how much oily goop is inside the fork. My oil came out clean and when I took it apart I was surprised to see all that nasty stuff.

Take your time and take pictures if need be.

·
Registered
19,202 Posts
Old ATF, automatic transmission fluid, is an affordable option to help rinse out the goop in the fork tubes and get everything clean prior to reassembly. Old brake fluid you saved years ago but are hesitant to pour into anything precious is another good source of rinsing solution. Otherwise with a seal driver the list looks good to go.

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts