TW200 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
i just want to mention that i get lots of people asking me "what is that?". a couple of times a year i attend "motorcycle night" at nearby towns and always get that question. i enjoy telling them about the TW, but am considering typing up a "handout" for those who ask...to make things a bit easier. i also encourage them to watch youtube videos on how great they perform crossing streams and over rocky terrain. it draws many positive comments in the course of just doing errands around town and when i stop to gas it up. i am a proud tw owner and appreciate how simple, dependable and cool it is. glad i bought it ( 2001 model) used in mint shape 5 years ago for 1,600.

·
Registered
20,488 Posts
Tell them about Shinji Kazama's TW trip. singi.gif

Shinji actually made it unlike this fake news but still admiral motorcycle trip.

I say don't say you're going to the North Pole unless you really are going to the North Pole.

·
Registered
20,488 Posts
Mr Kazama's bike was a bit of a hybrid. TTR and TW? shinji-kazama 1.jpg

Think his DT200 looked even more odd on his 1992 attempt to reach the South Pole. Here is his TY250 in another 1988 North Pole adventure...qn interesting 45 day trail ride. Shinji.jpeg

Not bad for a guy in his 70s.

Here he is as a younger man back in 1973 on a Bultaco Sherpa 350 ascending to 5,165 meters in the Himalayas. His record of 6,005 meter ascent up Mt. Everest remains to this day. snow.jpg

Quite a guy! Can you imagine how many pressure ridges like this he had to chip his way through to the North Pole? north-pole.jpg

Reactions: Ken

·
Registered
20,488 Posts
sled.jpg
What is it? Looks like a Admiral's TW ready to go rescue Manon "Tractor Girl" Ossevoort had she had trouble driving her Massey Ferguson to the South Pole. Took her a few years to go from the Netherlands across Europe and Africa and on to the south pole at no more than 10km/hr. She said some days speeds ranged from 0.5 km/hr to 5km/hr.
Bet Admiral's sled would have been faster.

manon tractor girl ossevoort.jpeg

1 - 10 of 10 Posts