TW200 Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2022 HERE!

What is the most miles you've traveled in one day without touching pavement?

962 views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  tcepilot 
#1 ·
I love the idea of riding all dirt, without ever seeing or touching pavement. Man(or Woman), moto and Mother nature! And, as you may know, NV is composed of something like 75 percent or more of BLM land, so it is quite possible to loop around the whole state without hitting the tarmac. That is, if TW could pull 20 extra gallons or so :)

So, what is the longest ride you've had without touching those tires to the road? Where was it? How long did it take? How much extra fuel did you bring?

Kind Regards,
Adam

#2 ·
I don't think mine is, unfortunately, anything to brag about. I hit maybe 85 miles on the way up north to Gerlach. There's a simple dirt road that shoots across the Smoke Creek desert it's a nice, small and extremely open valley - very desolate out there.

#4 ·
Good post Adam. One miserable tank load for me on a bike. Years ago I took almost a month driving from El Paso, Texas along Mexican border to Spokane Washington near Canadian border on dirt as much as possible. In my old Dodge Power Wagon with utility box bed and KDX 175 in back I crisscrossed continental divide back and forth innumerable times visiting a great many natural and archeological wonders. It was nothing dramatic or heroic, just relaxed touring that still provides lasting memories. I sure crawled around a lot of cliff dwellings, petrified forests, arches and sand washes in the southern half. Big trees, big mountains,and big animals dominated the northern half.
That was a trip I was sad to see end and I regret not returning to many a beautiful locals I swore I would visit again. Canyon de Chelly AZ looms strongly in my mind as one to revisit.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.