TW200 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2013 TW200. I took the carb apart to clean it and put it back together. Being that this was my first time working on a carb, I bet you know how it went when I started up the bike.

I took it apart again and started over. When I referred back to the diagram, I noticed I was missing a little part that is drawn in the technical manual diagram. The part wasn't listed with a name or in any of the subsequent instructions, but I found it on Partzilla listed as "main nozzle" (5LB-14341-00-00). The confusing thing is that the manual refers to part 5LB-14341-10-00 (Partzilla) as the main nozzle. I'd be much obliged if someone would please clear up the ambiguity surrounding this phantom piece.

·
Registered
346 Posts
As taken from another post on the forum....

#13 from the parts diagram appears to be the main jet holder but i think you would have noticed that when putting it back together - however, I think what you are referring to is maybe #12 which is the main nozzle.

mainnozzleinserted.jpg

Go through this dude's pics and check them out...

http://s42.photobucket.com/user/mascioj/media/2005 Yamaha TW200/Lazy carb cleaning/cleaningsupplies.jpg.html

Heck, If you'd send me that carb I'd clean & rebuild it and make it spotless for free!!! ( I may be spending quite a bit of time in Durham NC here soon, with my hydraulic lift, bikes, parts and bike tools )

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks much!

It's slightly frustrating that the service manual doesn't reference it (that I've seen, anyway).

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
The main nozzle seems to fall out when you take it apart. You are not the first to miss place it.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It looked pretty clean already when I opened it up (maybe from the sea foam), but I still soaked it in kerosene. I also replaced the leaky gasket and adjusted the float to be within spec. Fortunately, I had already ordered a replacement for that part and a couple others that showed some wear, so I was able to get it back together last night. She's running beautifully now!

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Heck, If you'd send me that carb I'd clean & rebuild it and make it spotless for free!!! ( I may be spending quite a bit of time in Durham NC here soon, with my hydraulic lift, bikes, parts and bike tools )
Thanks for the offer! Hit me up when you're around in Durham and we'll go riding.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts