TW200 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Workin' on the bike today noticed this. I'm guessing a relay for some lights? Haven't traced the wires yet, figured somebody would know what it is at 1st glance. Right side, can't make out all the #'s due to the melting. Sure looks to me like it came off for previous owner at some point and got melted up on the exhaust. Didn't notice when I purchased it. All lights are working fine.

I don't like exposed electrical at all ... think it's safe to just e-tape it up or?

20140726_112354 (1024x576).jpg

·
Super Moderator
1,912 Posts
That's your flasher. If your lights are all working throw some tape on it. Or replace it.

·
Registered
4,312 Posts
Yep, that's the flasher relay. Mine wound up looking the same as yours when I forgot to secure it after working on the bike... I smeared some PC7 over the damage and was working just fine until I replaced it with an electronic flasher for my LED signals.

·
Registered
19,587 Posts
Something like PlastiDip or Liquid Electrical Tape would seal it up and not come unraveled over time like conventional elec tape.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Yep, that's the flasher relay. Mine wound up looking the same as yours when I forgot to secure it after working on the bike... I smeared some PC7 over the damage and was working just fine until I replaced it with an electronic flasher for my LED signals.
Hey rbm, thinking about an led signal upgrade myself & will need an electronic flasher.

Would you tell me which flasher you went with? Was it plug 'n play with the OEM plug harness? Also, which LED signal option did you choose? Do you like them? Would you choose differently if you were doing it again?

Too many choices & too many reviews saying certain LED signals & bulbs end up being dimmer than OEM incandescents.

I'm looking for higher-viz, don't want to take a step backwards.

TIA

·
Registered
4,312 Posts
I went with the TuffLites(sp?), and the Custom LED flasher. I would like the signals to be a bit brighter but they are acceptable for my needs. The flasher is plug & play, a no brainer for my 2005, the earlier years may have a different connector.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts