TW200 Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Administrator
6,307 Posts
When I went to view my ’98 at the dealer, it had a tender lead attached, pointed out to me by the grinning idiot they called a "mechanic" as well – when the bike was delivered, it was mysteriously missing. Figured they were trying to impress me with how easily the bike started up – and on the new American models, given that they only have electric start, it begins to make sense

Two bucks to make a sale ?

Personally, I wouldn’t keep them on a tender permanently, or ever over-night for that matter. Depends on how seriously you want to take “house warming”

Swap the battery out for Lithium, and you leave all that behind you – but there will always be those, who upon picking the bike up after a fall, like watching their jeans disintegrate in the wash. Then, with the battery juices now no longer in there, you can apply the battery tender 24hrs a day, until your insurance company pays out for the house fire

Why do Yamaha put lead acid batteries in there? - to save costs of course. Why do you not replace it with a Lithium battery ? – to save costs of course

You just spent 5000 plus bucks on a bike, and now you want to save yourself 2% ?

None of this is “personal” in any way, your buck, your bike – just presenting another side to the argument …..

:cool:

·
Administrator
6,307 Posts
Now steady on guys - if you start agreeing with me I'm going to get paranoid - you are agreeing with me right ? - I need to go lie down now ......

1 - 2 of 2 Posts