TW200 Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
22,171 Posts
lvflyer's insistence on need for frequent battery charging sounds odd as if there he has a anomalous current draw or a damaged battery. This is not typical for TW owners.
USB port's transformers have a minor current draw but not enough to draw down even a cheap battery overnight.

The SAE plug styles depicted by original poster are available with different gauge wiring up to 10 gauge for some serious current draw. I route mine up to instrument cluster for dry accessibility and easy phone/camera re-charging. I use mine to pull power out rather than feed power into the bike since LiPo4 batteries hold charge for months and years w/o need for re-charging. Other than pre-charging new batteries before installation my charger gather dust. My 2 bikes have seen the charger perhaps a total of 3 times in 27 combined years of TW ownership.
Typical use is to run an air compressor but can jump-start other bikes and have used it once to trickle charge dead battery in my van.
I believe the term "battery tender" is a registered trademark of the Deltron Company, and they slap the name Battery Tender on a wide range of over 70 of their products including several battery charging devices. 2-pole SAE plug is a more unique identifier for what is shown in post #1.

·
Registered
22,171 Posts
Brace yourself Purple, a calming libation may even be warranted. :)

I agree with lvflyer that he shows a very good charger, very capable.
I also agree with Larry that the 2 amp charge rate seems high, typical a 1/10th of amp hr is recommended.
I further agree that lvflyer must be onto something if he likes electric boating. Used to chase trout in this thing until seduced by the TW. 12V, foot steered 54lb thrust outboard.
Stealthy.
Water Sky Boat Plant Water resources

1 - 2 of 2 Posts