TW200 Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
713 Posts
Well,
Based on what's reported on here, it appears that there are some dealers that are taking it upon themselves to install an SAE plug for general purposes, battery tenders to more specific. I wonder why? Not why in terms of the need for it but, why in terms of why only certain dealers are doing it and, what's driving them to do it? Just being nice?
Scott

Reactions: Kevinwa and Ken

·
Registered
713 Posts
I forgot about the disintegrating jeans or magic holes that appear in them when washed. We used to sit on the edge of the electric pallet jack battery covers until we learned of the hole phenomenon. I have been using the cheaper AGM battery and for me at $40.00 bucks or so is a good deal. I am still on my first AGM battery, going on about 4 years or maybe more now.
Maybe I'm just lucky or what. I myself, have had a few bikes tip over on me both on the street and in off road situations. And that includes my TW on a couple of occasions. But, I have never, ever had any battery acid end up on me, my legs, arms or anything. My "jeans" are still in quite good shape after washing them, after a spill on the bike. Can it happen? I guess it can. But, my Dub battery used to be a lead-acid type and, after the one I bought for it only lasted about a year and a half, I migrated to a gel. It's smaller and I had to spacer it out to get it to sit snuggly in its cavity. But, that little Gel cell batt fires up that T-dub engine just great. I used to keep the lead acid one on a constant trickle charge and, it's possible that, that was its surmise.
I'm not putting this new gel cell on charge at all, even with the Dub sitting for up to a couple weeks without riding it. So far, it's hanging in there just great.
Scott

Reactions: littletommy and Ken
1 - 2 of 2 Posts