TW200 Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
You need to have a GOOD, COMPUTERIZED battery charger/maintainer connected at ALL times unless you are riding almost EVERYDAY. I have tried a few different ones and I like this one the best because it shows the voltage of the battery and keeps the battery balanced - https://www.amazon.com/dp/B083R2T8MW?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2_dt_b_product_details
Yeah, um, I'm going to have to disagree with you there. I've observed just as many, or more, small motorcycle batteries die prematurely that lived on a charger than not. That's not to say you can avoid battery maintenance all together. Monitor the voltage and fluid levels and act when necessary. It also seems like when charging batteries, they do best when charged with no more amperage than 10% of the capacity. Charge these small 7 Amp-Hour (Ah) batteries at 500-700 milliamps (mA) and your 100 Ah car battery at up to 10 amps. This linked 2 amp charger is too much IMHO. Best-

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
Well,
Based on what's reported on here, it appears that there are some dealers that are taking it upon themselves to install an SAE plug for general purposes, battery tenders to more specific. I wonder why? Not why in terms of the need for it but, why in terms of why only certain dealers are doing it and, what's driving them to do it? Just being nice?
Scott
Dealers probably can get the pigtails pretty cheap in bulk and at cost, and it is probably the easiest way for them to charge batteries. That makes the most sense to me.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts