TW200 Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hi, new TW200 owner, just picked her up last Saturday from the dealership. Was looking over the bike and noticed this under the rear fender. Need help to identify what it is. Looked in the owners manuel and did not see any explanations. Thanks...
View attachment 220130
You need to have a GOOD, COMPUTERIZED battery charger/maintainer connected at ALL times unless you are riding almost EVERYDAY. I have tried a few different ones and I like this one the best because it shows the voltage of the battery and keeps the battery balanced - https://www.amazon.com/dp/B083R2T8MW?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2_dt_b_product_details

·
Registered
16 Posts
Everyone - I understand your view points. My 2021 TW200 has the original battery that came with it from the original owner. Whenever it OR one of my four NEW bikes batteries die, I will compare prices between a lithium and AGM battery for whichever one goes first. I have had good success with AGM in other motorcycles AND 48 volt FULL SIZE ELECTRIC boats (not RC boats because I live in a private lake community that only allows electric motored boats).

BTW, I am "experimenting" with a 48 volt lithium LifePO4 system that is guaranteed for 10 years in one of my boats and I am comparing with a 48 volt AGM system in my other boat.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts