TW200 Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Administrator
6,314 Posts
Now steady on guys - if you start agreeing with me I'm going to get paranoid - you are agreeing with me right ? - I need to go lie down now ......

·
Registered
16 Posts
Everyone - I understand your view points. My 2021 TW200 has the original battery that came with it from the original owner. Whenever it OR one of my four NEW bikes batteries die, I will compare prices between a lithium and AGM battery for whichever one goes first. I have had good success with AGM in other motorcycles AND 48 volt FULL SIZE ELECTRIC boats (not RC boats because I live in a private lake community that only allows electric motored boats).

BTW, I am "experimenting" with a 48 volt lithium LifePO4 system that is guaranteed for 10 years in one of my boats and I am comparing with a 48 volt AGM system in my other boat.

·
Registered
22,193 Posts
Brace yourself Purple, a calming libation may even be warranted. :)

I agree with lvflyer that he shows a very good charger, very capable.
I also agree with Larry that the 2 amp charge rate seems high, typical a 1/10th of amp hr is recommended.
I further agree that lvflyer must be onto something if he likes electric boating. Used to chase trout in this thing until seduced by the TW. 12V, foot steered 54lb thrust outboard.
Stealthy.
Water Sky Boat Plant Water resources

·
Premium Member
949 Posts
One would think if they are doing this extra level of customer love that they would proudly tell you " hey we gave you something for free lookie lookie

Reactions: littletommy

·
Registered
720 Posts
I forgot about the disintegrating jeans or magic holes that appear in them when washed. We used to sit on the edge of the electric pallet jack battery covers until we learned of the hole phenomenon. I have been using the cheaper AGM battery and for me at $40.00 bucks or so is a good deal. I am still on my first AGM battery, going on about 4 years or maybe more now.
Maybe I'm just lucky or what. I myself, have had a few bikes tip over on me both on the street and in off road situations. And that includes my TW on a couple of occasions. But, I have never, ever had any battery acid end up on me, my legs, arms or anything. My "jeans" are still in quite good shape after washing them, after a spill on the bike. Can it happen? I guess it can. But, my Dub battery used to be a lead-acid type and, after the one I bought for it only lasted about a year and a half, I migrated to a gel. It's smaller and I had to spacer it out to get it to sit snuggly in its cavity. But, that little Gel cell batt fires up that T-dub engine just great. I used to keep the lead acid one on a constant trickle charge and, it's possible that, that was its surmise.
I'm not putting this new gel cell on charge at all, even with the Dub sitting for up to a couple weeks without riding it. So far, it's hanging in there just great.
Scott

Reactions: littletommy and Ken

·
Registered
2021 TW200
1 Posts
Thanks for the quick response. It is a brand new 2022. Picked it up with 2 miles on her. Is it normal to have the wire exposed like that under the fender?
They are generally located in that general area of the bike. Slip the cover on it when not in use. I keep my bikes on a trickle charger always. As another person mentioned, also for accessories. I charge my phone, too. I have an additional plug like that so I can have a couple of things going. Have fun with the bike!

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
I have never trickle charged a motorcycle, or worried about non-oxy fuel. I run the rascals all year.

PS... I am getting old and feeble. I am quite sure that was all true 30 years ago but I will ask around if it is still up to date now.

Could you please send somebody with some warm oatmeal and a drool rag?

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

21 - 32 of 32 Posts