TW200 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just bought a 13 front sprocket and 55 rear sprocket. im looking for more torque and acceleration.

what kind of correct chain should i buy to compliment this setup well? please link me

·
Registered
310 Posts
You can run whatever your pocketbook allows you. The best would be an X ring, then an O ring, and finally a non O-ring chain. The bike doesn't make enough power that it's a safety issue to run one kind over the other.

O-ring chains are probably the balance between quiet, least maintenance, and longest life for the money.

I plan to use cheap, non o-ring chains though because the bike is designed like farm machinery and intended to be used as such, so that's my take. I use o-ring chains on my bigger street bikes and non o ring chains on my cheaper, older (and smaller) bikes.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You can run whatever your pocketbook allows you. The best would be an X ring, then an O ring, and finally a non O-ring chain. The bike doesn't make enough power that it's a safety issue to run one kind over the other.

O-ring chains are probably the balance between quiet, least maintenance, and longest life for the money.

I plan to use cheap, non o-ring chains though because the bike is designed like farm machinery and intended to be used as such, so that's my take. I use o-ring chains on my bigger street bikes and non o ring chains on my cheaper, older (and smaller) bikes.

what size should i get? can you provide me a link please

i bought as 13/55 sprocket setup

·
Registered
2,516 Posts
I've heard / read that when an o-ring is installed that the bike "seems" slower?.This of course could be true until the o-rings "break-in'?....don't know.Then again,the o-ring chain could really be affecting the mighty 196cc's our TW's have,again,don't know?.

·
Registered
421 Posts
I used a DID 428 o-ring chain. To cut it down get a chain breaker and take out the desired number of links, then use a master link to install the chain.

·
Registered
3,459 Posts
I've heard / read that when an o-ring is installed that the bike "seems" slower?.This of course could be true until the o-rings "break-in'?....don't know.Then again,the o-ring chain could really be affecting the mighty 196cc's our TW's have,again,don't know?.

OWT

1 - 9 of 9 Posts