TW200 Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
8,353 Posts
I could have been a star on "Tool Time" with Tim Allen. I never had any Binford tools but sure do have tools by every other company and for just about every job. No picture of it but my Non Marring hammer has the rawhide on one side and soft lead on the other. My wife wants to smack me with it every time we stop at an estate sale with what I call "Dead Man's Tools", boy do I find some unique treasures at them.

GaryL

·
Registered
241 Posts
Reddave is right on he money. It’s an old style beer can opener. Google ‘Jax beer can opener’ and lots of them show up.
It could be worth a few bucks.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Haha! Way before my time - I only knew that because I saw a similar Coor's brand one WITH can at a bar in Kremmling, CO. The very lovely bartender refused to sell it to me...

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yall are on the money. Beer can opener it is. My stepdad's dad used to own a bar and they actually used them. He had one laying around and I had to ask what it was. I pulled it up on ebay to see if it was worth anything. They have one for sell for $50.00 so I think it is more of a keepsake for him.

·
Registered
8,353 Posts
What is this tool?

GaryL

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Without pulling it up on the internet I will first guess. A clamp of some sort. My 2nd guess is you could clamp it on something and turn it up on the leg, flat side of it.

·
Registered
1,946 Posts
It's to depress something long & skinny...like a spring.

Gary won't know if I win the contest, 'cause he banned me! I can read him, but he can't read me.
If I have the right answer, somebody tell Gary...he'll be delighted it was me. 😁

·
Registered
13,401 Posts
I was thinking the table clamp part of a hand meat grinder but now I see I was way off. I recently watched the movie Fargo so I may have been subconsciously thinking meat grinder from the get-go!

·
Registered
8,353 Posts
YUP! Jar opener that my grandmother and mother used daily and now my wife uses it all the time. It has to be over 100 years old but has never found a jar it could not easily open with very little effort. BTW, Little Tommy was first to get it in a PM to me. Cool tool that is absolutely Multi Generational and will last many lifetimes.

GaryL

1 - 18 of 18 Posts