TW200 Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Super Moderator
18,066 Posts
Good for Cherrie (padilen) and her comment. Those guys are buttheads. It's all about the adventure and the fun, no matter what you ride. Good for you bro for trying, that's what counts.

·
Registered
13,730 Posts

Interesting, it can be a small world.

My wife and I have personally met (silverspurs) the person who made these comments about you and the race. While he prefaced his remarks with laughing emoticons, the statement wasn't very nice for sure.

Any one of us who saw the video could have criticized you, but we didn't. Risk-taking, sure, but deep down I kind of wish I could ride such an event for the fun of it. Horn beeping and all.

I'm fairly tolerant, but I wouldn't have appreciated the comments very well either. Even if comments are true that I shouldn't have been out there. Unfortunately, other posts I have read authored by silverspurs have caused some discontent as well. Perhaps a little more negative attitude than we like.

...and here's the kicker...

...wait for it...

mentioned to me he supposedly now owns a TW200!

Who knows, I may run into him again!

·
Registered
4,500 Posts
Among a large group of ADV posting Ass Clowns{not all over there but a good percentage}....from what I have seen of that dump, probably a big number have never been on a cycle....frankly most KTM riders are Harley wannbees without the balls or class....:p Hope I didn't offend anybody?:rolleyes:

·
Registered
779 Posts
I used to ride dual sport events in Oregon regularly. There was always a hard loop and an easy loop. The first time I saw a TW200 Ready for the ride, I thought, oh, must be a wife or newbie going the easy loop. In fact, it was one of the organizers of the ride and former Natioanl Hare Scrables racer. He rode clean up on the "hard" route and constantly amazed everyone by going places no one else could with any brand or size bike. I already thought they were cool, but it proved the TW is plenty capable. Keep trying and enjoy yourself, that guy is just insecure!

·
Super Moderator
5,263 Posts

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
It takes money to buy a KTM. You can't buy skill or practice time with money. I've smoked many a rider in my day on the basic red rooster and XR400R, many a rider with a bike that cost a lot, lot more, quite a few with sponsors.

Bottom line is are you having fun?

Do you have to put someone down to build yourself up?

Do you think that making other people look small makes you look big?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts