TW200 Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,935 Posts
That is a DAMN good looking seat @Rhodetrip.. That seat alone looks like it would make a huge difference. Did you shave it down yourself?
Yes, removed the cover, cut the foam with a serrated bread knife. Shaved the sides, too. Reinstalled the cover. I think it may have made it MORE comfortable for her, as the seat surface is a little wider at the back than the stocker, The front is narrower.

·
Registered
651 Posts
We will be doing 95% trail rides.. How does the VanVan perform as a dirtbike?
I am a natural born street rider, but I have a TW200 and a VanVan so I am trying to learn dirt.

The VanVan, is similar in the dirt to the TW but not equal. The Suzuki is fuel injected, quieter, 1" lower, and much more civilized. If you know the dirt and want to dominate it, you probably want the Yamaha. Me... I can do anything on the VanVan that I can do on the TW200, but any girl who likes to really hang it out there could probably wring a bit more out of the Yamaha.

They are close, and the Suzuki is do damned comfy.

Funny thing. Whichever one I am riding is the one I like the best. It will be hard to sell either one of them.

In the end, I think I prefer my Burgman. If you like tuning carbs for different altitudes , you won't like the Burgman OR the VanVan. Personally, I love fuel injection.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,127 Posts
Thinking of getting another Tdub for the lady. She's 5'1 and can't reach the ground with either foot while the bike is upright. Constantly fighting the leaning bike on one leg. I would want to lower the bike about 2", but I can't find very much good information on 2017+ bikes. Do the old V-Star shocks still fit the newer bikes?

I would get ahold of George at Suspension 101, 619-997-5193 he can lower your stock shock and make it rebuildable or most any other shock that needs custom work.

Ronnydog

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi, I have also one tdub for my Lady and it required some lowering (bike not a Lady). In Our case it took only to lower front about an inch or so. No costs and very easy thing to do. Just loose screws let it slide and voila 🙂 You May want to try it out before changing shock or cuting seat.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Hi, I have also one tdub for my Lady and it required some lowering (bike not a Lady). In Our case it took only to lower front about an inch or so. No costs and very easy thing to do. Just loose screws let it slide and voila 🙂 You May want to try it out before changing shock or cuting seat.
I will definitely try that to start out with then. I never really considered lowering just the forks alone.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts