TW200 Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2022 HERE!
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
2008 TW200
40 Posts
Welcome!

Why don't you ask the seller what school they are from? Curious why you want to know?

The TW200 is a popular bike for biker safety course schools and even motorcycle & off-road vehicle repair schools. There was just a govdeals auction just the otherday with 4x TW from some sort of offorad repair vehicle class in Ohio.

· Super Moderator
2004 TW200
477 Posts
Our local and my favorite shop used to sell the TW's to our Motor Vehicle Division office for the rider training they put on. Then every two years the training school would put the bikes on consignment back in the shop to sell. They did this when they replaced the bikes with new ones. They now have switched and use the XT250's.

· Registered
203 Posts
OP, welcome to the forum! As someone else mentioned, asking the Seller which school they came from would be your best bet.

My first time riding a TW was at a Rider School I attended ~15 years ago. The class I took had about a dozen smaller bikes. They only had one TW and I gravitated towards it because I like unique vehicles. I took the class with a buddy of mine and about half-way through the first day I told him I was going to be buying a TW! He laughed as we had both recently bought Harley's (thus the need for the class). Two weeks after the class we met-up one night for dinner and I rolled-up on my newly-purchased TW! No it wasn't the one from the rider class I attended, though all of the bikes at the school I was at appeared to be well maintained.

· Registered
1,036 Posts
When I took the course all of the HD wannabees rode Honda Rebels. The Groms were popular too. No one rode the TWs or the Ninja 125s. I gravitated to a ratted out spray painted black aftermarket muffler XT250 that had been bought by the school from the movie industry as a stunt bike, and had been stolen from the school and recovered twice. Kinda had a Leonard Smalls meets black bumper Mennonite vibe to it. They had to pull it out of the back row and get it running for me. The instructor said that historically the few people that choose the ratty XT bike either "already ride or will probably end up riding to Ushuaia, which are you?"

· Registered
4,458 Posts
I was parked in a giant parking lot in Lacey WA for a car show and a guy showed up and had about 3 of the 40' shipping containers stored in the lot and he started pulling out TW's and XT225's about 10 of them and got them running and warmed up then the students started showing up and rode the cones and after about 2 hours he buttoned up the bikes and the cones and was gone

You would never know there was a pop up bike school sitting in those containers

· Registered
3,744 Posts
I was parked in a giant parking lot in Lacey WA for a car show and a guy showed up and had about 3 of the 40' shipping containers stored in the lot and he started pulling out TW's and XT225's about 10 of them and got them running and warmed up then the students started showing up and rode the cones and after about 2 hours he buttoned up the bikes and the cones and was gone

You would never know there was a pop up bike school sitting in those containers
like a traveling circus or a good carnival. ;)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts