TW200 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
6,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
TW-Brian, do you have any idea how much of that 4.1 gallons is actually not accessible? (rbm is going to be so pleased that the day did not pass without a gas tank thread)

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
BikerJosh also has one of these tanks. I think he has a pickup tube curled into the lowest part of the tank.

Joe

·
Registered
19,414 Posts
bikerjosh's clunk is great because otherwise a previous posting estimated about one gallon was below level of stock petcock and thus unavailable.

·
Registered
3,350 Posts
IIRC, more than a clunk, i think he had an internal pump and dual line to access the fuel on both sides of the frame.

·
Registered
6,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Dangnabbit, I can't find a post on the internal pump and dual feed lines. I wanted to see how that worked. 4.1 gallons is fantastic capacity for a long trip, but if you can only use 3.1 then it doesn't appear to me as that much better than the Clarke TW specific 2.7 gallon since I would have no desire to carry an extra 6+ pounds of gas that is for all practical purposes of no use. Does anyone know if that particular setup was posted on the forum?

·
Registered
264 Posts
Another option is the Clarke xt350 tank. I have run mine pretty low and there certainly isn't much gas left below the petcock. It holds 4 gallons.

·
Registered
13,339 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts

·
Registered
2,667 Posts
Dangnabbit, I can't find a post on the internal pump and dual feed lines. I wanted to see how that worked. 4.1 gallons is fantastic capacity for a long trip, but if you can only use 3.1 then it doesn't appear to me as that much better than the Clarke TW specific 2.7 gallon since I would have no desire to carry an extra 6+ pounds of gas that is for all practical purposes of no use. Does anyone know if that particular setup was posted on the forum?
i'm not sure that he did install a pump...
http://tw200forum.com/forum/technical-help/6486-fuel-hose-routing.html
http://tw200forum.com/forum/performance-customization/4410-installing-clarke-xt225-tank.html#post48567

·
Registered
13,339 Posts
Yup, that's the one. There are good threads from Peruano and APV1 found in the stickys in the performance and customization section. I trimmed my seat pan for a better fit and made a couple mounts from cut down hockey pucks to make it mount securely. It wasn't too hard to install but might be more work than some would want to do.
Good to know, thanks. I have an old XT600 gas tank which holds about 2.8 gal, which has given me extral range, but with the Clark XT350 at 4 gal, much better. Even with the XT600 tank I ocassionally carry extra gas, but wouldn't need too with the Clark. I often need to be reminded of these mods. Thanks again for the info.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts