TW200 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7,369 Posts
Like Dan said, it's Korean made Hyosong Troy. At least it's marketed by Hyosong. May in fact be a Chinese product. I've never seen one in the flesh cuz they're not available in the U.S. but one of our members recently got their hands on one. A standard version may be a potential alternative to the TW given your your locale:

http://tw200forum.com/forum/general-discussion/8494-special-edition-tw200.html

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
TDUB lovers,

Any information on the aforementioned Honda 250 Baja vs. a this possibly Japanese Suzi Djebel vs. our beloved TW would be much obliged, especially from those who have hands-on experience on more than one of these.

Bayrlalaa (Thanks in the local tongue)

·
Registered
7,369 Posts
Again, neither model specifically available in the U.S. The Djebel is essentially the DR200 and the Baja an XL250. Both good, solid bikes unless they differ from their U.S. market counterparts.

·
Registered
8,300 Posts
UNEGUI.MN : ub troy zarna

This is advertised as a "UB Troy" locally. Looks familiar. Anyone care to explain and or guess what it is? I'm gonna go have a look tomorrow :confused:
Wow, only one million, five hundred thousand and I thought TWs were expensive!:D

I am watching the thread from our other new member with one of those knock off TWs. They do look pretty cool but I bet my T dub will whip his pants off on the trails. Also pretty sure he will get to the trails a lot faster as his and the one you see seem more street worthy than trails. I think with a few of these types of bikes you can set them up for your preferred riding terrain but very few come set up for either or like the T Dubs do. That my friend is the glory behind our beloved TWs. I can be cruising down some back road and come upon a sweet looking power line or logging road and blast off in to the unknown without much thought at all. When I come upon one of those "Oh $hit" spots on the trail all I have to do is hang on and motor through. The Dub is not particularly perfect in either condition, street or trails, but it is probably one of the best cross breeds we will ever find.

If I was a design engineer at Yamaha I would build an exact TW with all the same bells, whistles, fat tires and then beef it up with better suspension, better seat and a 350 CC engine with 6 speed transmission and 4 gallon tank. If I got real crazy I would add a hi/low tranny selector. My Yamaha TW 350 GaryL model would rock our socks off but probably double the price.

GaryL

1 - 9 of 9 Posts