TW200 Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Super Moderator
17,926 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Spokane
Start of partial eclipse: 9:13:02.1 a.m.
Maximum eclipse: 10:27:14.1 a.m.
End of partial eclipse: 11:46:50.7 a.m.

Are you going to try to watch it?
We should see 92% here.

:cool:

·
Registered
311 Posts
I'm ready to watch it in Nanaimo! Viewing time here is similar to Spokane. Should see about 90% coverage.

·
Registered
20,157 Posts
Help, I’m blind!

Naw, just joking.
A fine experience as I’m sure you all are having.
Am safely hiding behind auto-dimming #12 welding mask backed up by a fixed pane welder google's enjoying 85% coverage and dim light.

·
Registered
13,637 Posts
View of the eclipse was different than what I was expecting!

We had 99.4% eclipse and it got real dim and the streetlights came on but not total darkness. I was expecting it to get a little darker but not so.

·
Registered
4,496 Posts
Just went thru at 2:02 EDT....about 75% really much ado about nothing around here...buddy of mine just moved to Casper, WY, got to see the full meal deal awhile ago...

·
Registered
4,496 Posts
Sun lights the same as a cloud passing bye.
Yep, pretty much that here....mixed clouds and sun and really not much of a difference....although some of the folks that got the 98-100% had some great views, at least they looked that way on TV...

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
I got to see totality in Oregon today. As cool as it was to keep looking up at the partials, totality is so worth the chase! Having darkness fall and the temperature drop was quite an experience. Gazing upon the corona with the naked eye was absolutely incredible!

Here is a quick video of my family's reaction at totality...

·
Registered
4,496 Posts
If I'm still above ground the next one, April 6, 2024, comes right over my hometown and county, Mercer County, Ohio....and it looks like over Big Bend as well...that would be a place to view ti: :eek:

Eclipsed 2024....png

·
Registered
13,637 Posts

Just wanted to say thanks Idaho for putting on such a great event! Hiked up to the rim of a dormant volcano and watched the whole thing in awe!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Glad you enjoyed your view of the eclipse.

To me, it was like winning a $1.00 lottery ticket. I won but it wasn't that much. I thought the whole thing was interesting but meh, I wouldn't get that excited again for it.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Hey Captain Admiral did you go north to the Zone of Totality? The difference between the hour of partial Eclipse and the two and a half minutes of totality darkness was excuse the pun night and day difference and not even remotely compatible. It cost me $60 bucks in gas and a vacation day at work to see it and I'd probably drop $10K to fly somewhere and see the next one. The drive home was a huge pain and felt like LA in Idaho. I'd have loved to have had my TW200 and lane split the traffic like many motorbikes were doing would have cut a few hours off the drive home.

·
Registered
13,637 Posts
Hey Captain Admiral did you go north to the Zone of Totality? The difference between the hour of partial Eclipse and the two and a half minutes of totality darkness was excuse the pun night and day difference and not even remotely compatible. It cost me $60 bucks in gas and a vacation day at work to see it and I'd probably drop $10K to fly somewhere and see the next one. The drive home was a huge pain and felt like LA in Idaho. I'd have loved to have had my TW200 and lane split the traffic like many motorbikes were doing would have cut a few hours off the drive home.

I had to work but we did go outside for 20-30 minutes. Here in Boise, we were outside the totality zone but still 99.4%. It did get real dim and our street lights came on. My explanation would be "almost sunset". I think what I experienced is what we were told it would be like and not really that dark. I was hoping for darker but it is what it is.

We got to see your pain with the traffic. The traffic looked hurtful at many places. I think overall, Idaho did not get the number of people showing up which had been predicted. Still, it was interesting.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts