TW200 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello!!! I just wanted to say hello to everyone! I just purchased an 87' TW200!!! I am pumped!!!! It looks like it came off the showroom floor!!! I wanted you guys to know that I have been using this forum as an info source ever since I got "TW fever" about a year ago...

I attached some pics below... I had to make screenshots so they would load!!!

IMG_0299.JPG Screen Shot 2014-01-12 at 10.19.08 PM.png Screen Shot 2014-01-12 at 10.21.06 PM.png

·
Registered
188 Posts
Yes!!!! Love the 'back of the truck' picture!! I remember when I took the same picture when I got my bike!! Congrats on the bike! And I'm sorry, because now the modding starts ;)

·
Super Moderator
18,138 Posts
My 87 had 1400 miles on it and was pretty clean all in all, but yours...!!! WOW, indeed showroom condition! You did real good-enjoy!!

Welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
312 Posts
That's a very nice looking 87 you got there, I to have a 87 mine is the red version. Hope you enjoy yours as much as I do mine:) +1 on the modding they are just to much fun to mod and make your own unique tw.

·
Registered
3,555 Posts
... I just purchased an 87' TW200!!! I am pumped!!!! It looks like it came off the showroom floor!!!
What? A 1987 with 550 miles? What did this guy do, keep it in in his bedroom and just LOOK at it for 27 years??
:D

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hey ronnydog!!! First is prob gonna be a cyclerack... I am a new rider so I also need to buy some gear like helmet (have one but it is goofy looking one), gloves, jacket and what not... I am just pumped to hop on it and ride for now!!!

·
Registered
3,109 Posts
Wow! Never seen an 87 that cherry! Nice score.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hey rocky!!! I bought the bike from a guy who took the TW on trade.... He told me that the original owner carried it around with his RV as a backup vehicle... I was shocked when I saw how clean it was!!!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I think I got some of the first mud on it driving through my yard! All the kids in my neighborhood are jealous of the fat tires!!!

·
Registered
13,784 Posts
Jiminy Crickets, as others have mentioned, sure is new looking.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hey, great bike, welcome! Re: your first purchases, if you are doing much off-road riding, and with a TW I would assume you are, as a geezer I must say I'm so much more comfortable riding now with some decent protective gear. Especially boots (for me) it's so nice when footplanting and such to not get so beat up and broken toes like I did when I was younger. It sounds silly I guess and it can be expensive, but even a pair of rugged tall hiking boots is such a boon to off-road comfort, for me at least. I've taken a few tumbles, mostly on my top-heavy klr at slow speeds, once rolling head over heels down a small hill, but no injuries- I was dumfounded! (and relieved) and rode on... and ride on! By the way, I LOVE camping and riding in TN, I'm from NC. Have fun!

·
Registered
2,105 Posts
Hey ronnydog!!! First is prob gonna be a cyclerack... I am a new rider so I also need to buy some gear like helmet (have one but it is goofy looking one), gloves, jacket and what not... I am just pumped to hop on it and ride for now!!!

I find a lot of my gear on craigslist. I bought a used pair of snow board pants for $20.00 to wear over my pants when it's cold.
Good luck

Ronnydog

1 - 15 of 15 Posts