TW200 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

Super Moderator
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Here's mine:
This spring I was going to go on a ride with a couple of friends. They were on their Harley's and I had decided to take the TW. We were out in the alley behind the house and they were warming up their bikes. (which takes forever on a Harley) It had rained the night before and there were large puddles of muddy water everywhere. Well,..I decided I was going to show off, so I started the TW, slowly pulled it around in front of them and headed into the middle of a large puddle. I was going to hit the throttle and dump the clutch, spraying mud and water all over the place in front of them.....he he, snicker snicker.

Well...

I made my way into the middle of the puddle, slowed to almost a stop; balancing on the pegs, GUNNED the throttle...
The bike went...BUUUaaaaahhh and died.
(I hadn't warmed it up, the bike was cold and choke was off)

Well...I went to put my foot down REAL QUICK and my pantleg got caught on the left peg. My feet never got a chance to touch the ground, and in slow motion I fell over sideways into the middle of the puddle. I was halfway covered in mud from head to toe. I looked like I had been turned sideways and dipped into chocolate like a ice cream cone.

Coulda heard those guys laughing a mile away...

Registered
So during a long ride I picked up an airhawk the second day into it. Later that day I noticed the airhawk was sliding down one side. I pulled off the side of the road, stood up, slid the airhawk over under me, and dropped the bike at the same time. I must have been disoriented from riding for a while as I had the bike slightly leaned over but without the kickstand down and decided to let go of the handles.. Luckily only a couple people saw, just quickly picked it up and rode away.

Also yesterday My TW ate my shoelace.. Make sure you do up you laces well guys,.. Cause that was scary.

Registered
That is pretty funny :)

Registered
Yeah right after it happened I spent like 15 minutes getting it out. Came out relatively in one piece so I think its fine. I'll keep an eye on it though. Thanks.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4

Registered
Heard Laughing a mile away? I just woke up the house laughing. That was one funny story! I imagine most of us have enjoyed spraying those behind us when going through puddles. Years ago, me and my quad buddies made an art of capturing others in puddles and drenching them with mud. Not only could I relate to the fun of your intention, I can see you falling over. The irony is off the charts!

Get it while you can.

AT

Registered
Well...I went to put my foot down REAL QUICK and my pantleg got caught on the left peg. My feet never got a chance to touch the ground, and in slow motion I fell over sideways into the middle of the puddle. I was halfway covered in mud from head to toe. I looked like I had been turned sideways and dipped into chocolate like a ice cream cone.
Ohhh, wince, grit teeth, shake head pity. hahahahahahahaahhaahahahahahahaah, choke, hahahaahahahahaahaha. If you can laugh at yourself, it makes others laughing at you not feel so bad. Did you start with a beer in your hand (or stomach) and the phrase "hey yall, watch this"?

Thanks for sharing!

Super Moderator
Discussion Starter #9
Heard Laughing a mile away? I just woke up the house laughing. That was one funny story! I imagine most of us have enjoyed spraying those behind us when going through puddles. Years ago, me and my quad buddies made an art of capturing others in puddles and drenching them with mud. Not only could I relate to the fun of your intention, I can see you falling over. The irony is off the charts!

Get it while you can.

AT
Another good story in this link since you enjoyed that one. ;)
http://tw200forum.com/forum/off-topic-other-bikes/8389-all-started-here.html

Super Moderator
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Ohhh, wince, grit teeth, shake head pity. hahahahahahahaahhaahahahahahahaah, choke, hahahaahahahahaahaha. If you can laugh at yourself, it makes others laughing at you not feel so bad. Did you start with a beer in your hand (or stomach) and the phrase "hey yall, watch this"?

Thanks for sharing!
No, I was trying to be sneaky and it backfired on me. :)

I deserved it, for "trying" to show off!

Registered
Pantleg, peg, happens.

First bike (79 gs550), didn't have a clue how to ride but bought a bike 50+miles of backroads from where I lived (no MC license obviously). Going into the first 45+mph left sweeper, lean left, PULL handlebars LEFT, bike straitens up; PUUUCCCCKKKKEER, locked back brake (somehow kept it upright) skidded deep into the shoulder. Stopped, smoked, got back on and rode the rest of the way at about 25mph.

Same day, drove the car to the DMV, got the manual (read: push left, lean left, GO LEFT). Came home, rode the bike up the street, went through a yard (on purpose) but it had a decent side slope and I had bald tires. Started to slide, I stopped, went to put the downhill foot on the ground with the right foot on the brake. Down I went. Broke the turn signal and cooked up a story to tell my dad that a damn pigeon flew into the turn signal from nowhere.

Next bike (Suzy Bandit 1200), me 28, gf 19 (at the time), freshman at Indiana University. I pull into the bus lane on campus and probably 400+ people are congregated she dismounts so I can go to don't remember. During dismount, bike leans slightly and I'm standing in sand on top of well worn but smooth asphalt. Slow motion slip, lean, grunt, slip, FUDGE, bike is on side and to bring more attention to myself, right hand was squeezing the throttle with a loud aftermarket pipe so everyone could watch, bike on its side, city bus behind me honking and me pulling my bike back upright in shame.

Registered
Similar experiences to littletommy.

Stop on the side of the road to pick up my paycheck that flew out of my pocket the day before. The shoulder was falling away from the road but not super steep. I stopped with the paycheck on the uphill side of me. I put my feet down and as I s-t-r-e-t-c-h-e-d out to reach it I lean the bike MORE towards the downhill slope. Bike flops over, cars drive by, I dust myself off, pick up paycheck and hang my head in shame.

Get home and stop to open my gate. Right foot on the ground, can't find kickstand with the left. As my foot flails against the bike's frame I go to look down towards kickstand and shift my weight over to the right, AGAIN. Wasn't prepared for the weight transfer and 'slo-mo' dumped the bike sitting still for the second time in less than 10 minutes; this time with the wife & kids watching me from her car... I wanted to die.

Moral of the story, if you're going to lose your paycheck do it on moderate to heavily traveled roads with a relatively high speed limit!

Registered

Registered
These are two of my most embarrassing moments, and they are really only embarrassing now because I've shared them here and on youtube! In both cases I had Georgie along, so I might have been more embarrassed if I could tell if she was dog laughing or not.:D In the end, she'll never tell on me and leave it up to me to be honest!

For those of you that may not have seen them before.

I deleted the video which you to be here but here is a picture to take it's place. I had my leg trapped under the TW for a while with Georgie walking all over.

Super Moderator
Discussion Starter #18
You sounded winded or like you had the wind knocked out of you on the first one and that the bike is on top of you and you can't quite get out from under it.

The second one is so classic with the submarine sounding the radar pings. Gotta love your sense of humor.

Registered
I was pinned under for a while. My foot caught in the sand and twisted it reward, so my right foot was pointing back while the rest of me forward. Some tension on my knee and it hurt just a tad, noticeable by my grunting a bit ha ha. I was finally able to free myself and wasn't injured. I was shaken and headed back to the truck ending my day, but not hurt. The embarrassing part of it was I fell in the sand and my trade mark grunting! I even grunted some in the sunken battleship crossing too!:D

Super Moderator
Discussion Starter #20
All your videos are cool. I always look forward to them. I still love the one that shows your hand shifting as you go down the road. Next time you travel I-90 into the East side of Washington, let me know, I'll buy you lunch.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts