1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
If only I were a Saudi billionaire :)

·
Registered
1,874 Posts
I'd do just what that guy was doing...drive the piss out of it.
"When way too much horsepower is almost enough!"

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
I didn't wanna be a killjoy, but yeah, no helmets == stupidity.

IMO, that shows that there IS such a thing as too much power. When all you ever do is fight a wheelie, how can be all that much fun? There's way more to playing in the sand than all the straight-line stuff they showed. I got bored and stopped watching after a few minutes.

At the dunes, I prefer a sport quad anyway. I think Sand Rails are just plain dangerous in the dunes because the drivers tend to be reckless and will do stupid shit without even thinking about it. You could be stopped on the other side of a hill and have one come over the hill and land on top of you with pretty much no warning.

·
Registered
742 Posts
Pretty much what phelonius said. I would drive it a few times, make some videos to post on YT and get millions of views, then I would sell it. You could buy a lot of fun toys for what an engine like that costs. In fact you could buy a decent chunk of backcountry land, and toys to play on that land with, for what a 1600 hp engine costs.

·
Registered
8,225 Posts
Probably kill myself which is exactly why I love my TW! I learned very early on that the faster my bike would go was never fast enough so I just faced a few facts about how I was built and decided life was more fun than speed. No problems with those who have to push the limits but I hope to be late for my own funeral. My 1972 Kawasaki H2 750 triple 2 stroke came with I think 83 HP and by the time I got done it was well over 100 HP. Too bad it was never designed to do the speeds it would do. After a couple close calls where I got brown shorted on that damn bike I just gave up and sold it for a loss and never again went back to max power.

When ever someone say to me "Hold my beer and watch this" the last thing I do is watch after I drink the beer.

GaryL

·
Registered
636 Posts
That has got to be a money pit to keep running. Several time they drag that rear pulley in the sand. but hay, the girl was way better looking than the driver (who couldn't manage to but together a single sentance) is ever going to.. (ahhh better stop now)

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
I didn't wanna be a killjoy, but yeah, no helmets == stupidity.

IMO, that shows that there IS such a thing as too much power. When all you ever do is fight a wheelie, how can be all that much fun? There's way more to playing in the sand than all the straight-line stuff they showed. I got bored and stopped watching after a few minutes.

At the dunes, I prefer a sport quad anyway. I think Sand Rails are just plain dangerous in the dunes because the drivers tend to be reckless and will do stupid shit without even thinking about it. You could be stopped on the other side of a hill and have one come over the hill and land on top of you with pretty much no warning.
Yea, agreed on the no helmet thing. I guess I don't think it's AS bad as not wearing one on a bike, but still definitely should have one on for this.

As for just fighting wheelies all day? Is it stupid? Yea... But I have a hoot with stuff like that lol. Like my buddy had a little big bore KX80 with an exhaust and tuned for maximum top end hit. It was an absolute dog until about 12k RMP, then it was like you hit the freakin nitrous button and it would wheelie in every gear. Loved that thing!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts