TW200 Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
7,216 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I witnessed this. The guy in the red shirt and his wife were walking down the sidewalk. The silver Honda pulls out from the gas station and crosses the sidewalk in front of them and stopped waiting for traffic to clear. The guy in the red shirt and his wife walk around front of the Honda and start demanding the driver back up. The driver refused. In the mean time the maroon Buick can't get out. (By the time I took the picture the wife was at the passenger side window talking into it.)

I cranked up the telephoto lens for a closer shot but it came out blurry, Notice the guy in the brown shirt calmly walks around behind the car and is well on his way. This is what I have done many, many time. This is what everybody does. This is the only time I have ever seen someone demanding the car back up!

I crank in a little more telephoto lens. You can see the people across the street looking at what was happening. Two cops drove by while this was going on. A Santa Clara County Sheriff and a San Jose City Police Officer. I don't know why but neither stopped. Maybe even they thought this was to stupid to get involved.

If you were the driver what would you do? The guy in the red shirt kept saying "I have all day and I am not moving". Some people would think running the guy over would be a good idea. Others would back away -- thinking this really isn't worth a fight or getting into very serious trouble over.

Is there anyone siding with the guy in the red shirt?

The red shirt guy eventually gave in and walked away. Still, standing in front of an automobile and daring the guy to run you over is very stupid.

Final thought -- NEVER LEAVE HOME WITHOUT THE GOGGLE CAM! This would have made a really great video! I would have tried for an interview. I have several interviews with people that didn't know they were being recorded. I don't show them publicly without their permission but with this guy I might have made an exception.

·
Registered
4,312 Posts
If I were the driver of the car, I'd have let them walk by before I pulled out that far to begin with. If I were the guy in the red shirt, I'd not have blocked the car because you never know what the dumbasses in this world will do, kinda surprised he didn't get run over or shot nowadays...

·
Registered
3,366 Posts
tony,
were you at REI getting darrell a gps to go with HIS bike?

·
Registered
7,216 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
tony,
were you at REI getting darrell a gps to go with HIS bike?
Big D got a tach instead.

And he already has a GPS -- remember the 2 I got for 99 cents? One if those is his.

There are places in SJ where this guy would at the very least be all black and blue.

·
Registered
3,366 Posts
Big D got a tach instead.

And he already has a GPS -- remember the 2 I got for 99 cents? One if those is his.
oh that's right. $.49, don't let it be said you aren't a big spender! ;)

There are places in SJ where this guy would at the very least be all black and blue.
yeah, much closer to my neighborhood.

·
Registered
3,109 Posts
I would just back up. People are unpredictable and its not worth getting hurt over. I would be cursing the whole time I was backing up though.

Reactions: admiral

·
Registered
3,366 Posts
you may be right and still be a d*ck about it. the way i've always thought about it... i'd rather wrong and rolling, than right and run over.

·
Registered
124 Posts
A few years ago My wife and I went shopping to a busy Mall. The Parking Lot was full and no open spot anywhere near the Mall entrance.
Suddenly I saw somebody get in their car. I waited while they were settling in. I gave them enough distance so they could pull out safely but not too much distance so somebody else could pull up and claim the spot. The car pulled out and some Jerk pulls in and takes my spot that I had waited at least a minute or two for. He saw me put up my hands in disgust. He and his buddies just started laughing at me all the way into the Mall. They even turned around while walking laughing at us.

We went and parked much further away. On the way into the Mall my wife was very quite. I kept complaining how rude some people can be. My wife was very quite.
She decides to walk close to the car that had taken 'our' spot. She has a key in her hand. Oh NO! This is my Peace Loving Wife about to do something crazy. I said 'Honey, not worth it'.
She starts with the key by the front driver door. She digs deep. Her expression does not change. She walks alongside the car and digs deeper with the key. Her none key hand was around my waist. No camera in the world could see what she was doing.

I have never seen her that 'violent' before or since then. She only said this to me 'I wish we could be here when they come back and see their car all beautyfied'.

If I had been the driver of the car at the intersection, I would have pulled back. Pedestrians, no matter how dumb, always win in the eyes of the Law.

Thanks
Simba

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
I would say that is the pedestrian version of road rage. Technically, the guy in the car was in the wrong and should've been able to admit his mistake and back up. On the other hand I would be willing to bet the guy in the red shirt has made the same mistake before, probably numerous times, and as pointed out, what's the big deal about walking around behind the car? The problem is that neither the pedestrian nor the driver were willing to cut the other some slack. Both need to buy a TW and learn to chill a little bit! :)

·
Registered
287 Posts
WOW!!! People are getting crazier every day. Just like Simba's story, a 6'6", 250 lb. friend of mine had a similar situation happen to him just after his daughter had passed from cancer, leaving 2 young kids. He pulled the guy out of his car and made him move into another space. The car at fault was filled with a bunch of teenage thugs, but they all backed down. In all of these cases mentioned, everyone was at fault at some point. Anyway, redshirt got away lucky.

·
Registered
58 Posts
There's being in the right, then there's being a jerk. Some times you get hung out in traffic. I try not to block driveways or get caught in a crosswalk or a sidewalk, but sometimes you get stuck there. Then somebody comes walking along. The driver should have said 'sorry' and waived him by. The pedestrian should have gave him a dirty look and kept walking. But, who knows what words were exchanged. People seem to like to blow things out of proportion nowadays.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts