·
Super Moderator
17,926 Posts
2 or 3 hundred.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you! I see you on here a lot and I really respect your input and this community. I'm more of a lurker than a poster but I figured I could get some insight on what a reasonable price would be for that thing. Who knows I might try to get a new engine for it, or do the ttr swap or something like that, Looks like the bottom end is still there maybe I could do something with that, I'm not sure. But in any case, everything else seems to be in good condition so why not, right?

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
Looks like the kickstarter is there???? If so, you could recoup all your money and then some by parting it out. I would offer 2 hundred, and go up from there to maybe three or three fifty max. If you want to fix it up, it's gonna be a project, and who knows how much, but you might be able to find everything you need on our classified section.

·
Super Moderator
17,926 Posts
Thank you! I see you on here a lot and I really respect your input and this community. I'm more of a lurker than a poster but I figured I could get some insight on what a reasonable price would be for that thing. Who knows I might try to get a new engine for it, or do the ttr swap or something like that, Looks like the bottom end is still there maybe I could do something with that, I'm not sure. But in any case, everything else seems to be in good condition so why not, right?
Jump right in brother, we'll try to help you anytime if we can.

·
Registered
416 Posts
Since I was going through withdrawals after selling my other TW, this fell in my lap today. Paid $250, only because it had an engine that would turn over. Being "bat sh*t crazy", according to my wife, I think I'll rebuild this engine just for the learning experience.

T'Dub.jpg

If the metal and plastics are in great shape, $300-$350 is a good number but no more for the bike you mentioned. Cheaper is always better! :p

·
Registered
363 Posts
Tommy, you da man. Always the kind word and helpful idea. Keep it up brother.

Will

·
Super Moderator
17,926 Posts
Thanks for the compliment Will, God bless you my friend.

Tommy, you da man. Always the kind word and helpful idea. Keep it up brother.

Will

·
Registered
765 Posts
Since I was going through withdrawals after selling my other TW, this fell in my lap today. Paid $250, only because it had an engine that would turn over. Being "bat sh*t crazy", according to my wife, I think I'll rebuild this engine just for the learning experience.

View attachment 44713

If the metal and plastics are in great shape, $300-$350 is a good number but no more for the bike you mentioned. Cheaper is always better! :p
A wife will always say that! Just remember it next time she wants something "nice"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
638 Posts
I was going to make a snide comment like "for $20 and gas money I'll haul it away", but it looks like the parts are already being eyed up for fast cash. I guess that shows me.
Personally, if it was really all there, minus seat, I would pay $400 for a basket case. Minus the cost of each engine piece that needs buying.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts