1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
13,806 Posts
That is awesome!

·
Registered
6,451 Posts
Squirrels are incredibly smart and great problem solvers. It's always a battle trying to keep them out of bird feeders so these contests are always being made and are a testament to the squirrel's athleticism and ability to figure them out.
All that athleticism adds to their tastiness too! Very good table fare! Why is it that all of the cutest animals taste the best?:(

Tom

·
Registered
20,499 Posts
Ever notice that like bunnies and deer these cuties are prolific breeders who wave their tails like signal flags rather than hiding when predators abound. Sort of like they are designed as fodder who broadcast " If you can catch me you can eat me". Intelligent design or just another cruel joke by the gods?

·
Registered
6,451 Posts
Ever notice that like bunnies and deer these cuties are prolific breeders who wave their tails like signal flags rather than hiding when predators abound. Sort of like they are designed as fodder who broadcast " If you can catch me you can eat me". Intelligent design or just another cruel joke by the gods?
I figure God is just putting them at a slight disadvantage since not all humans are capable farmers.

Tom

Reactions: Hidebound

·
Registered
2,665 Posts
All that athleticism adds to their tastiness too! Very good table fare! Why is it that all of the cutest animals taste the best?:(

Tom
Pigs are ugly and they taste good, especially bacon!:p

·
Registered
2,719 Posts
Some animals are cute BECAUSE they taste good. Haven't you noticed that bad tasting stuff is never labeled cute.

·
Registered
20,499 Posts
Wouldn't touch that one with a ten foot pole.... Oh, just found my eleven footer... So Tom, what did​ she taste like?

Reactions: Dryden-Tdub

·
Registered
20,499 Posts
This post is getting awfully squirrelly.

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
Squirrels are incredibly smart and great problem solvers. It's always a battle trying to keep them out of bird feeders so these contests are always being made and are a testament to the squirrel's athleticism and ability to figure them out.
With a .22 long rifle you can invite them to dinner.

·
Registered
6,451 Posts
Wouldn't touch that one with a ten foot pole.... Oh, just found my eleven footer... So Tom, what did​ she taste like?
Turtle Fred. It was a turtle. I have no idea if it was a she or not. Do you know something I don't? :laughing9:

Tom

·
Registered
20,499 Posts
Turtle? Just a turtle? Tom, your wife must be peeking at the screen to keep you so family rated tonight.

·
Registered
6,451 Posts
Turtle? Just a turtle? Tom, your wife must be peeking at the screen to keep you so family rated tonight.
Well once she was on her back she did tend to stay there:D Tasted like rotten fish but then turtles do consume a lot of fish.......

Tom

·
Registered
20,499 Posts
A Hilo newspaper I picked up on the Big Island once had a long banner article about efforts to protect the endangered green and loggerhead turtles, citing various state and federal regulations with fine and imprisonment details. Immediately nest to the article were three recipes for cooking sea turtles. Love that the hunter-gatherer ethic still lives on in our polynesian islander citizens. Turtles taste good!

Reactions: Dryden-Tdub

·
Registered
6,451 Posts
A Hilo newspaper I picked up on the Big Island once had a long banner article about efforts to protect the endangered green and loggerhead turtles, citing various state and federal regulations with fine and imprisonment details. Immediately nest to the article were three recipes for cooking sea turtles. Love that the hunter-gatherer ethic still lives on in our polynesian islander citizens. Turtles taste good!

Some turtles taste just fine. I find the ones that just came out of the water taste better than those that have been loafing on the beach in the hot sun all day.

Tom

Reactions: plumbstraight
1 - 17 of 17 Posts