TW200 Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
6,346 Posts
I do wonder what liability the City of Ithaca and the State of New York will bare the first time a junky shoots himself up in one of these clinics then leaves and kills someone? The city would be guilty for providing such a "service" and the state would be guilty for ignoring the laws that are being broken.

Tom

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
I like to smash stolen cars at high speed into bridge abutments.
Will the state of ny provide a safe place with fully staffed extrication and medical teams so I can perform my illegal, unnecessary activity without fear of legal repercussions?

You picks your poisons and you takes yer chances.
Your call. Your responsibility.
Not mine.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

·
Registered
129 Posts
I was born in Ithaca and live about 40 miles away now. One of my favorite bumper stickers: "Sal's old motorcycle Parts in the heart of the Whine Country - Ithaca NY".

·
Registered
8,304 Posts
Oh Cool, So now I can make a run up to Ithica and get myself all hooked up on dope. This has been on my bucket list for some time now.:puke:

GaryL

·
Registered
8,304 Posts
On the other hand...they would have more access to receive treatment help. Access to methadone to quit heroin easier. Community outreach programs to help them re-establish themselves in society and climb out of a hole they dug for themselves. I'm sure there would be many positive effects from this.

Yes they would be administered doses of an"illegal" drug. But now junkies can get their fix without having to steal property and, or, rob people to get the money to buy their drugs. And they would have "cleaner" drugs to inject, and clean needles, to curb the spread of horrible disease within the effected community.

Thankfully there are people compassionate enough to want to help people in need, instead of bulldozing them into a meat grinder! Our country is out of control with the fear mongering. To try a new approach for solving a problem is noble wether it works or not. It has showed positive results in the countries that have implemented similar programs. Better than just kicking people to the curb.

But what do I know? Nothing! I'm gonna go ride my tw!
I guess I missed the part where these clinics were going to be providing the free dope along with the needles and a safe zone to be shooting it. If this actually does work out then someone please let the Mayor know I like Beer and Tequila and would like the same free pub.

GaryL

·
Registered
4,466 Posts
The Euro Crazies Come to Amerika....

These people {hooked on H} need Help, not another fix....what a cluster F**k this pitiful country has become....

Tick, Tick, Tick, it won't be to long before it is out of it's misery...

·
Registered
6,346 Posts
On the other hand...they would have more access to receive treatment help. Access to methadone to quit heroin easier. Community outreach programs to help them re-establish themselves in society and climb out of a hole they dug for themselves. I'm sure there would be many positive effects from this.

Yes they would be administered doses of an"illegal" drug. But now junkies can get their fix without having to steal property and, or, rob people to get the money to buy their drugs. And they would have "cleaner" drugs to inject, and clean needles, to curb the spread of horrible disease within the effected community.

Thankfully there are people compassionate enough to want to help people in need, instead of bulldozing them into a meat grinder! Our country is out of control with the fear mongering. To try a new approach for solving a problem is noble wether it works or not. It has showed positive results in the countries that have implemented similar programs. Better than just kicking people to the curb.

But what do I know? Nothing! I'm gonna go ride my tw!
Here is a freaking idea. Lock their drug addled asses in a padded room under doctors supervision until whatever time required for the physical addiction passes. On their way out of the padded room hand them the local help wanted section and remind them for the 1 millionth time that drugs are BAD! It is all the wonderfully educated, liberal, dispshits that let emotions such as compassion blind them to reality. I live and work in this town and the only people who DO NOT get a free pass are people who work their asses off and pay taxes. You can take that to the bank.

Poor drug addicts. You reap what you sew in this life, and they have sewn NOTHING but misery to all those that have ever cared about them.

Tom

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
I say just make all drugs legal and let nature take it's course. It would be self correcting. There are plenty of poisons to kill yourself with. They have been available for quite sometime and mankind didn't become extinct due to them, even before there were laws against them.

Laws against drugs are no different than laws against guns; can an inanimate object be inherently evil?

·
Registered
8,304 Posts
I say just make all drugs legal and let nature take it's course. It would be self correcting. There are plenty of poisons to kill yourself with. They have been available for quite sometime and mankind didn't become extinct due to them, even before there were laws against them.

Laws against drugs are no different than laws against guns; can an inanimate object be inherently evil?
I would absolutely agree with making all drugs legal as long as they make it legal for me to use my guns to protect my hard earned stuff from the users. It is a simple thing, do you control what goes into your body or does what goes into your body control you? I should have every right to do what ever I can afford as long as it has no adverse effect on anyone else. Stay off the roads, stay away from my stuff and my family and friends and pay your own way is just fine by me.

GaryL

·
Registered
6,346 Posts
Sorry to throw fuel on the fire then walk off. I believe that particular comment that I quoted in my initial response really struck a freaking nerve. Especially the whole "compassionate" comment. So allow me to take a moment to provide the real world backstory on compassion.

I met a young couple just finishing up college when I moved back here to the Ithaca area. The woman was a young mother who was still carrying her second child while the man was a music major and a member of a popular local band. The young mother worked full time while still in college and pregnant. The father attended school, dabbled in drugs and played in his band. After graduating college they got married and started their lives together with two young children. I used to talk to the mother frequently through my job and we had some rather lengthy discussions about how she met her husband and what the college life was like here in Ithaca, NY. It would seem that the local police largely turned a blind eye to any and all drug use and focused only on those people trafficking the heavier drugs. The college students looked on this practice as "permission" to experiment with any drug they chose to. After about a year together the husband decided that a wife and children didn't really fit his free wheeling lifestyle and he bailed on them.

Last I heard the absentee father was still "in the band" and living in his van. He makes enough money to stay high but not fed or properly housed. He provides nothing for his two children. The father receives welfare benefits and a cell phone compliments of the taxpayer. Meanwhile the mother still works full time at the bank and part time at a local nursery. She has had to rely on the kindness of her own aging parents to help with the kids and the occasional bills she can't pay.

Well, as often happens in these situations, this past fall her father fell ill and their money and time to help out the young mother was all but eliminated. This woman is a fighter and a good mother so she swallowed her pride and sought government assistance just to help with some groceries. No can do. She makes too much money! I do not need to continue painting this picture any further. Deadbeat, druggie dad gets all the help he needs to continue his worthless life. Hardworking mother raising two kids alone and working two jobs..... nope.

Now what have I been doing since earlier today when I logged out you might ask? Myself and my neighbor have been cutting, splitting, loading, delivering and stacking firewood to the young mothers house. She ran out of propane early LAST month and hasn't been able to afford to get her tank filled. My neighbor and I split the cost of the tank fill and installed an old wood burning furnace in her small house. Her and her children will stay warm until she can catch up on her other bills. And make no mistake about it, she will succeed.

So please do not paint people who disagree with providing a safe place for people to break the law as less than compassionate and I will refrain from thinking that people who approve of this idea as completely idiotic.

Tom

·
Registered
2,663 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The father receives welfare benefits and a cell phone compliments of the taxpayer.

This woman is a fighter and a good mother so she swallowed her pride and sought government assistance just to help with some groceries. No can do. She makes too much money! I do not need to continue painting this picture any further. Deadbeat, druggie dad gets all the help he needs to continue his worthless life. Hardworking mother raising two kids alone and working two jobs..... nope.

Tom

These 2 points especially irritate me! Sometimes I wonder why I bother to work myself. Too much of hard working American's taxes go to losers and little to none goes to where it might do some good!

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
I've been doing drugs since high school, before 1973. Did them constantly (not every minute of every day but was always waiting until "5:00") I would say it was just in the last five years I out grew it. I started by sneaking my dads beer, wine and whiskey at probably age 14 or 15. Me and my best friend (at the time. He's dead now. Killed himself on a Kaw 900 Z) cooned a bunch of grapes from his gramma's back yard and made our own whine. Started smoking pot in probably my junior year in high school. Shortly after that dropped my first hit of LSD. PCP, Quaaludes, crystal meth, onto cocaine by the time I joined the Army. Heroin once I got to Germany. Dabbled in all that through getting out of the Army an going through college. Got a BSEE, got married raised two wonderful and productive children, all while partaking of pot, coke, heroin, ...

Finally I just out grew it. Never in my life have I even been so much as late on a car, house or other payment. Not even late on a utility bill and I have paid my own way, saved for a nice retirement that I am enjoying since last April.

Now I enjoy Crown Royal and Molson XXX. Having one right now waiting for the hockey game to start after a long day working on my man cave down in the basement. (I'm not a carpenter. Wish my wife would have married Norm Abrams form This Old House).

..now what was my point????

I guess that if you are the type of person that lets this type of stuff consume you, it will. There are people out there (here) that can lead perfectly normal and productive lives being junkies. I have no desire to even try it now. About two years ago I tried some pot and man I regretted it. Got all paranoid and just wanted to be sane again. Still like it when I get a prescription for vicadins now and then, one of those washed down with a Molson makes me feel good for a while but after about the second day of them I can't take it and have to stop.

·
Registered
8,304 Posts
I've been doing drugs since high school, before 1973. Did them constantly (not every minute of every day but was always waiting until "5:00") I would say it was just in the last five years I out grew it. I started by sneaking my dads beer, wine and whiskey at probably age 14 or 15. Me and my best friend (at the time. He's dead now. Killed himself on a Kaw 900 Z) cooned a bunch of grapes from his gramma's back yard and made our own whine. Started smoking pot in probably my junior year in high school. Shortly after that dropped my first hit of LSD. PCP, Quaaludes, crystal meth, onto cocaine by the time I joined the Army. Heroin once I got to Germany. Dabbled in all that through getting out of the Army an going through college. Got a BSEE, got married raised two wonderful and productive children, all while partaking of pot, coke, heroin, ...

Finally I just out grew it. Never in my life have I even been so much as late on a car, house or other payment. Not even late on a utility bill and I have paid my own way, saved for a nice retirement that I am enjoying since last April.

Now I enjoy Crown Royal and Molson XXX. Having one right now waiting for the hockey game to start after a long day working on my man cave down in the basement. (I'm not a carpenter. Wish my wife would have married Norm Abrams form This Old House).

..now what was my point????

I guess that if you are the type of person that lets this type of stuff consume you, it will. There are people out there (here) that can lead perfectly normal and productive lives being junkies. I have no desire to even try it now. About two years ago I tried some pot and man I regretted it. Got all paranoid and just wanted to be sane again. Still like it when I get a prescription for vicadins now and then, one of those washed down with a Molson makes me feel good for a while but after about the second day of them I can't take it and have to stop.
Man has been doing drugs since the very beginning! Forget what drugs it might have been from way way back up until today but us and even the animals have always had some sort of penchant to alter our states. I don't much care if it is Caffeine, Nicotine, Cocaine, Peyote, Opium, Pot, Booze, Wine or any of the other designer drugs on the markets today. The basics behind altering ones state of mind are simple and real and as long as you are not ruled by such diversions from reality that you are unable to fend for your own well being then this is where my Libertarian leanings take over. I smoke tobacco, drink beer and love a nice tequila. I take a pain pill when I have pain causing me the inability to sleep but must admit I hate that crap when I am awake and have to be in control of what I am doing. I probably toss more potent drugs simply because they get out dated in my cabinet from not taking them. I wake up every day with Caffeine and Nicotine and almost every day I drink a beer or 3 and might have a sip of tequila before I go to bed. Does anyone really give a crap? Classifying one drug to be more or less dangerous than another is where this entire discussion goes in the toilet. Being a functioning member of society and carrying your own weight means a great deal more to me than what drugs you might do in the privacy of your own home. Too much of any drug makes any of us a determine to society and in the animal world you could easily see deer and horses all screwed up from eating too many apples or other fruits but you won't see those animals hooked to a point where they need others to feed them because they became useless.

Have fun but do your poisons where it has no detrimental effects on others around you. Don't ask me or anyone else to support your habits or have to watch our steps while you are doped up in public. Making a special place for those indigents to safely do what is currently illegal is asinine IMO and serves only to promote criminal activities. There were many times in this and other countries when Opium, cocaine and many other powerful drugs were completely legal and that did not work out all that well as history has proven. The crack houses today were Opium dens back in the early 1800 s.

GaryL

1 - 18 of 18 Posts