TW200 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
4,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tell us whatcha got for Christmas.

I was a good boy...Marian got me one of my life dreams. The Ensign ride in an Open Cockpit Biplane, which I plan to enjoy in the spring.

IMG_6591.JPG

[video]http://www.fun-flying.com/biplane-%20flights.htm[/video]

·
Registered
4,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's way cool. Don't eat a bunch before you fly. You don't want to barf on the pilot when he starts doing barrel rolls....
I hear that!!! At 120 mph that would be colorful :p

·
Registered
6,406 Posts
Tell us whatcha got for Christmas.

I was a good boy...Marian got me one of my life dreams. The Ensign ride in an Open Cockpit Biplane, which I plan to enjoy in the spring.

View attachment 67009

[video]http://www.fun-flying.com/biplane-%20flights.htm[/video]

500 rounds of 9mm and a Stanley 64 oz insulated growler.

Hold my beer and watch this!!! :D

Tom

·
Registered
214 Posts
I got to go to church and hear the choir sing what they had practiced for several weeks, singing in English, Latin, and Tagalog.
I got to sit with my friend's two uncles in their nineties in a nursing home, and read to them from a book about deer hunting.
I got to walk with my dog along a river and get real close to two swans and six mallards, watching them take salmon eggs out of the gravel bottom.
I did real well, very grateful for this day.

·
Registered
20,177 Posts
Among other things:

Forma Adventure boots were an excellent early present Wifey got for me before my last trip.

And of course somebody from JackAss Gulch sent me Idaho themed tasty diet busting goodies...Idaho potato pancakes, Idaho potato soup& Idaho potato bread mixes; plus Idaho huckleberry jam, huckleberry candy and huckleberry syrup for those Famous 'Tater pancakes.

Plus some magnum and rimfire ammo from other friends.

·
Registered
114 Posts
My wife got me a new Jimbo windshield for my TW200. I'm super jazzed! Thanks to you too, Jimbo! Going to install it tomorrow... and look at it for a while... until Winter's over and the snow melts.

:)

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
TW related: Locking Tool-Tube and a Licence Plate Stash-box. Both from Procycle. Wonder where she got their e-mail address?

General Motorcycle: Small Black Widow scissor lift and rolling carrier from Discount Ramps.

IMG_7256.JPG

IMG_7257.JPG

IMG_7258.JPG

·
Registered
69 Posts
"I got to go to church and hear the choir sing what they had practiced for several weeks, singing in English, Latin, and Tagalog.
I got to sit with my friend's two uncles in their nineties in a nursing home, and read to them from a book about deer hunting.
I got to walk with my dog along a river and get real close to two swans and six mallards, watching them take salmon eggs out of the gravel bottom.
I did real well, very grateful for this day."

---------------------------------------------

That is excellent stuff, sir. You've got a terrific perspective on the real things that matter in life IMHO...

I myself got a nice Duluth Trading jacket and flannel shirt that my young son bought me with money he earned from shoveling snow and cutting grass. More importantly, I spent some excellent quality time with my healthy, happy extended family.

·
Registered
8,371 Posts
We had the most peaceful gathering we have had in years. We had a great meal, a few cocktails and so much deep laughter that our stomachs hurt. Unlike in the many years prior, we are a rather political family, the ones who always shoved their liberal views and their dork in our white house down our throats are still feeling the Burn and decided to stay home or go with their friends just to avoid getting some of their own medicine back at them. At the conclusion we all decided it was just so nice to not argue at all and to just have fun that the "odd couples" should probably not be invited to family functions during the Trumpian future. Debbie Downer and her idiot husband can just stay home and our permanent college student niece who is working on her second masters degree in Under Water Basket Weaving or some other such useless education should find another place to bring her significant other girl friend and spew her garbage there. No one missed them and it was joyous to not have any disagreements the entire day! Heck, even a 95 year old grandfather had a blast and got a little toasted and began singing Christmas songs from the past and we all sang along with him. The "Odd Couples" always put a damper on that kind of religion based celebrating.

I can only hope that others here had a similarly wonderful day spent with friends and family.

GaryL

·
Registered
902 Posts
A Fly Racing Adventure helmet! Has the flip up/down shield. Have it up on the trails w/ sunglasses and flip down when you get back on the roads. Took it out yesterday on the freeway and it has great wind protection. My 2 kids bought it together - I had tried one on at a motorcycle dealership while my daughter was along and mentioned how much I liked it - perfect for a dual sport bike.

Had a great long weekend with family - time sure does go by fast,,,,gotta enjoy every day.

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
I got a very nice Vanilla Gorilla rear rack, and some other handmade stuff from my daughter. Girlfriend's daughter bought me a very nice Thermos coffee mug. And I passed my first step toward air brakes endorsement on my cdl. Oh, and I bought myself and my son our own Clamptite tools/wire.

·
Registered
20,177 Posts
Santa sure gave Stagewax a sweet compact scissor lift.
Donzo, nice dual sport helmet. Smart thing to take an observant daughter with you while window shopping.
Congratulations on the endorsement Tom!
You guys are making out like bandits, no lumps of coal.:p

·
Registered
71 Posts
My sons gave me a new rack for the TW for Christmas. Put it on today. Looked so good I took the TW to the local car wash (15 miles round trip) and gave it a bath. All the trails behind the house are ice covered so a small jaunt on the pavement was the best I could do. Around 34F here in central PA.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 26 Posts