TW200 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
I'm not sure he ever made the transition to the new address. I had missed him, and I have only good hopes that he is fine and doing other things with as much vigor as he brought to the twforum in its previous incarnation. Hey, Broken Veteran. Here's a shout out to you from New Mexico. Tom

·
Banned
10,664 Posts
I emailed Chris back in July. He was struggling with his living situation.

I will email a link to the new site to him.

EDIT: Email sent.

Reply received. Chris is getting along and made a few more improvements to his Tdub. Seems he's too busy riding to post.

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
I emailed Chris back in July. He was struggling with his living situation.

I will email a link to the new site to him.

EDIT: Email sent.

Reply received. Chris is getting along and made a few more improvements to his Tdub. Seems he's too busy riding to post.

Ok, that's an acceptable excuse.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Ok, that's an acceptable excuse.

Oh my. Missed am I? I am fine. My TW is perfect. I added a milk crate and I have been using my bike for every trip I need to make. Grocery store or Home Depot mostly. I put the milk crate on too tight and the bottom is cracking. I will spin it around and rubber mount it. I added a 12 volt outlet to it. The cheap plastic $5 dollar ones from radio shack. Positive to battery and negative to frame. I am still having speedometer problems. Tom sent a cable to me and it worked for awhile. Thanks again! But I think my housing is stretched or something. Unscrew at the top and push down on cable. Spin wheel and it turns fine. Screw it back in and unclip bottom of housing. Push up on cable and spin with fingers. Speedometer works. Put it together and ride you get nothing. I have an older handheld GPS. So I put suction cup mount On Jimbo's Shield. Works great. I would like a handlebar mount, but $20 seems to escape me. The 12 volt adapter Is plastic with two holes. So I put on hole pointing down to let water out. I zip tied it to the throttle cables. Seems to work just fine. The main reason for the 12 volt plug in was to give me a place for my VW Solar Panel to plug in. They came on VWs in early 2000s. Keep batteries charged in shipping as to not loose programming. You can find them on ebay sometimes. I am using it to keep my battery topped up. Really starts nice whenever I go out so it is working well. Always sunny here in Central Florida. I have missed being on here. But I needed nothing, I haven't repaired anything, My TW200 is just wonderful. Gee, it feels more like a trusted horse than some mechanical contrivance. I love it.

·
Banned
10,664 Posts
Seems like the TW is about the best motorcycle for running errands ever. Maintenance is next to nothing once you figure out how.

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
Stay well, and luck to ya. We need to keep in touch. I just got a job offer from Lockheed Martin in Georgia. I am definitely riding down to the Keys next year. Either spring or summer, depending on what days I can get for vacation. When it gets closer to the ride dates I'll check with you on fun routes through the state, and where we can meet for coffee.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts