TW200 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
572 Posts
There are sealed gel batteries on eBay for seventy something. Just do a search for tw200 battery. I think they are well worth the extra bucks.

·
Registered
3,109 Posts
You can get a yuasa on ebay for around $20-$25. I have never had a problem with mine but it would be nice to have a sealed battery.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Batteries , what style / chemistry discussion seems to generally Not discuss or take into consideration the charging circuit. Given that the TW has an old style electrical system, I use a standard lead / acid battery that requires fluid levels be checked. Yes, you need to add distilled water to them occasionally, but they have the ability to absorb higher charging voltages that can fry sealed or different chemistry batteries. This is especially true if you go for LED lights / w/o balancing the load it seems. Everybody has their own experience and opinion on it. rw

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
I sure like my Shorai lithium battery, absolutely NO problems, no acid or corroded connections. Cranking power is excellent, hot or cold. Yeah, you'll pay $$, but there are a few things worth the money. If you're on a tight budget, or saving for something, then for sure, get the lead acid battery, they work fine, & take care of it, it will last for years. m.

·
Super Moderator
1,904 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,904 Posts
Thanks for the link. It looks like a good battery. This is the one I will proabaly order

Going on year 3 for mine.

·
Registered
369 Posts
bought an AGM off ebay for $35, seems to work fine so far and has 2 year warantee. Yuasa batteries generally don't include acid so keep that in mind

·
Registered
512 Posts
Got a stock battery from the stealership for $50. I was going to go the eBay route, but it was going to be nice out the next day and I just wanted to ride.

Dan

1 - 11 of 11 Posts