TW200 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
20,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'ld like offer best wishes to our member Twilight in the upcoming Tree Flags Rally from Mexico to Canada. 5 days and counting. Of course Twilight will be riding from Washington down to Mexican border to begin, so he will be almost doubling the miles ridden...on a GoldWing, not a TW.

As far as the "Name" title goes we met Mike here as "Twilight" and the story behind him choosing that is impressive enough without the following.
Others have known him from Iron Butt moniker of "Miles" I believe, probably earned after his first million miles on a motorcycle.
I kind of like "Sparky' earned after his getting hit on head by lightning while riding his Goldwing.
Borneo teases him with the label "Doc Nuke'm" due to Mike's professional background yet somehow I think the chastised power plant operators at Three Mile Island, Chernobyl, and Fukushima refer to him somewhat differently.
Whatever you wish to call him Twilight is an impressive guy.
So come to Moab if only to meet a truely unique, and increadibly likable guy.
Have a good ride Mike!

·
Registered
665 Posts
The name is TWilight. I know a lot of Mikes but only one TWilight. We just returned from having dinner in the TWilight Zone. Time seem distorted in the "T Zone. You've heard the saying "time moves faster when your with TWIlight", it's true! Wonderful memory. Pray you and your best bud remain safe in your adventure. Dirts a Flyen SanDue:p:D

·
Registered
187 Posts
Some has to say it Mike. No pictures? Then it didn't happen! Please share some photos along the way for those of us that are mere amateurs in this sport. :rolleyes:

·
Super Moderator
17,932 Posts
How far did you get today Mike? Where ya at? :D

·
Registered
187 Posts
Well, if you insist. I did bring my digital camera with me, so I will be taking a few...just a few...pictures on this ride. None yet, but once I get back home, I will post some pics of this trip. Since I am an OLD man, and NOT into the most modern technology...like a dumb phone...I have the software on my home PC to download pics from my digital camera, and can upload from there to the forum.

Short day of riding today, only 250 miles, and waiting for my best buddy to meet me tomorrow, and we will ride down to San Diego together.
Thankfully you are on the GL1800! Hope you can bypass LA.

·
Registered
474 Posts
Borneo teases him with the label "Doc Nuke'm" due to Mike's professional background yet somehow I think the chastised power plant operators at Three Mile Island.
So Twilight is to blame for nuking us.... I only live a few miles from TMI.... We packed up and went to Pittsburgh.

·
Registered
474 Posts
Nope (very educated word, there)

I had no fault in the TMI incident. I know you were teasing (at least I hope so), but my job was to shut down plants like TMI....if they did not pass MY inspection. The problem at TMI was due to operators errors. :(
I know that, just goofing. Crazy time, remember leaving school early and getting out of town...... Have a fun, safe ride!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts