TW200 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As I am putting together a list of things to pick up when I finally purchase my TW, I have been thinking a lot about what I carry with me on my TX500 and what I will carry on my TW200. Right now Since I ride mainly on the road. I carry a 10mm wrench, flashlight, half dozen zip ties, rag, 6mm allen wrench, small screwdriver.
For the TW, I am planning on the same listed above plus my Gerber multi tool, adjustable wrench, misc nuts/bolts. Anything else I am missing? I think I cant fit all of this in a Tool Tube as well.

·
Registered
312 Posts
I always have a roll of black tape to, and a spark plug.

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
I have toolkit that I bought from Whitehorse gear that I carry on my Ducati that it plan to use when I take my TW on longer trips. It has everything I could need tool wise to do most any repairs. It will fit in a tool tube no problem once I get one. Check the link below to see the kit, it's for a BMW but pretty complete for a tw as well. I also have the factory kit on my TW that is pretty decent.

I also plan to get a patch kit for tubes and some short irons just in case. I already own a mini compressor from touratech that is really small but works great that will go somewhere on the bike as well. And misc things like zip ties and bolts,spark plug, master links, etc

Here is the tool kit I have
http://www.whitehorsegear.com/cruz-tools-roadtech-bmw-tool-kit

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
124 Posts
I carry the Leatherman Crunch tool or small vise grip pliers which can act as a temporary gear shift or clutch lever to get you home, if needed.
Also- JB Weld, tire repair stuff, zip ties, and the usual extra tools and sockets.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
How about some sort of tire sealant for small punctures? Like Slime? I have heard mixed emotions about using a sealant.

Thoughts?

·
Super Moderator
18,138 Posts
If you put Ride-On in your tires, you may never have a flat, and it balances too!

How about some sort of tire sealant for small punctures? Like Slime? I have heard mixed emotions about using a sealant.

Thoughts?

Reactions: naluboy

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)

·
Registered
445 Posts
One of the Under Armour drawstring bags/backpacks like this:
10270608la.jpg

Takes up little space in a tool tube and is great when you want to stop on the ride home and grab a bag of chips, milk, a spare part or what not. Once you start carrying it you will wonder what you did without it.

·
Registered
385 Posts
I am eagerly waiting for the Admiral to Chime in -- love to see those pictures. Kind of like wheres waldo. :rolleyes:

Admiral, did you see it?

Reactions: Fred

·
Registered
13,784 Posts
I am eagerly waiting for the Admiral to Chime in -- love to see those pictures. Kind of like wheres waldo. :rolleyes:

Admiral, did you see it?
Well, rm hm posted the travel "cresenthammer", so no need to post again. It's a darn good tool to have. The rest of the tools are part of my "shop set". Like Will Rogers said "If you can't fix it with a hammer you might as well shoot it". Err call a mechanic or somthing like that.:p

(Full disclosure-the photo of the cresenthammer is someone else's. I've made my own now and should take a picture of it so I can take credit for the tool.)

·
Registered
2,667 Posts
One thing more I like to take on rides is a bag of fritos. Not a tool, but if you need a fire they start easily.
i start all my campfires with dryer lint...i have also use a 9v battery and steel wool...birch tree bark works too but is sometimes hard to find

·
Registered
814 Posts
I've been looking at tire spoons that have a wrench on one end.

·
Registered
470 Posts
I've been looking at tire spoons that have a wrench on one end.
I just got a set of the Motion Pro combo wrenches from Amazon. They exceeded my expectations. The large one weighs 2-7/8 ounces and the small one 2 1/4. They are both about 9 1/2" long.

I haven't used them for tire tools yet, but I did loosen and tighten the rear axel nut and the aluminium is plenty strong. I found them for $19 and some change each. They don't make one in 19mm though! The smaller one is 12/13mm combo.

·
Registered
736 Posts
I just picked up a set of combo wrenches from local hardware store, Craftsman brand and they came in a roll...$9. mostly smaller size so should be good for bike use

·
Registered
3,109 Posts
Mini bottles of bourbon, lighter, $20 bill, multi bit screwdriver with about a foot of duck tape wrapped around the handle, a 1" crescent, hex key set and zipties. I think that's all that's in there. The mini bottles need to be replaced from time to time. ;)

Reactions: Fred
1 - 17 of 17 Posts