TW200 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm looking for a tw200 for a good friend who fell in love with mine and I found this one very close to home but its out of his range but with the amount of after market stuff I think he could sell it off and be close to his number. It's a beautiful bike and for 2500$ it seems ok for a loaded 2004. If you can tell me what it's worth to someone at a fair price I'd appreciate it https://db.tt/7k9G2f3U it has a rack, trunk, engine cage, hand guards and skid plate. What do you guys think

·
Registered
3,109 Posts
If it has low mileage then it seems to be a decent price. If you/he do/does get it I would be happy to buy the tci skidplate with guards for $150. I could send you my stock skidder if you want it. I would think he would like to keep the handguards. You could probably get $50+ for the trunk depending on what brand and condition it's in. I'd offer him $2200.

·
Registered
445 Posts
Awesome, my iPad crashed.

So, short answer is BEWARE! An '04 does not have that color scheme and the plastics don't have the stock decals either. Ask non-leading questions to find out why the plastics are '05 black (w/ an '04 tank) not '04 white. Make sure it wasn't wrecked, bring yours to compare too. If in doubt tell your friend to walk! He is relying on you better he wait and find the perfect TW then blame you for one that has issues.

Long answer had lots more info and advice but it's late, I'm tired and that's the basics. Any questions asks, either I'll answer them or someone else here will. Sorry, had 3 paragraphs of info for you that got lost to the gods of the interwebs. Make sure the frame is straight and if he has them get or at least look at the original parts.

PS somehow the pic from my original post got saved. There is my pre-mod, pre-crash '05. Note the seat says Yamaha and the decals on the side covers.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,166 Posts
it looks like a nice bike but mileage is a huge factor in value (at least to me)

The TCI skid plate is a nice bonus

The black plastic looks like it was added w/o the decals and I like that way better than the white crap the 03 / 04's came with

I'd say $2500 is very fair if it's got under 1000 miles and a fair deal if it's under 2500 miles

·
Registered
4,312 Posts
Anywhere between $2000 and $2500 is a fair price depending on mileage as others have said. It looks to be in pretty good condition.

·
Registered
8,371 Posts
It is a bit funny how we Dubbers think. The two most important things to me when thinking about buying a used TW are miles on a working clock and the overall condition. It is fairly easy to determine if a TW has been hammered hard. As for the engines health and miles on it it becomes a much harder issue. I would have no worries buying a bike from me with 5,000 miles on it. Buying one from some unknown guy with 5k is a completely different story. My motto has always been oil is cheap and engines are expensive. I also pay strict attention to engine heat and the carb being properly adjusted, not too lean or rich.

When you buy a used TW from the original owner and in person you can usually get a good read by looking over his other toys and equipment. Guys who care for their stuff usually have all their stuff in tip top shape. Low miles and clean shape is what I would look for where top dollars are being asked.

GaryL

1 - 11 of 11 Posts