TW200 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to find the best way to haul my Tdub from place to place, what's the best 2" receiver type rack to use?

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
There are lots of posts regarding this. Both positive and negative. Browse through them and I'm sure you'll find opinions for your type of vehicle (or at least similar).

·
Registered
119 Posts
I also use a light weight trailer. My F150 truck has a Class 2 hitch but uses too much gas for long trips. I wish the 2004 Chevy Impala had a hitch so I could mount a motorcycle carrier on it, but the hitches they make for that car are only Class 1 hitches. Maybe I'll just put a Class 1 hitch on it and use the trailer. More opportunity to accessorize ! ! :)

·
Registered
816 Posts
heard pretty good things about the versa haul. I personally have a home made one because non of the factory options were quite right for my set up, but that versa haul looks pretty good. Dont buy cheap shit. You'll reqret it!

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
Hey man, yeah this gets discussed a lot, so that's probably why you aren't getting a lot of traction on this thread. I'll try to break it down...First, the TW is a pretty heavy bike to use on a carrier. Do it if you must, but make sure your vehicle and hitch set up are up to the challenge. Short wheel base jeeps, etc. have their handling effected, and hitches under grade IV have been tweaked. Then, only get a quality carrier. The Versahauler is the one I have seen and recommend. The jack up style ones are well built too. It is preferred to use a trailer of some sort.

If the forum search is not working well for you, then use your favorite search engine like Bing or Google. Limit the search to the forum site by typing in the search bar...

site:tw200forum.com versahauler (or whatever search term you want)

·
Registered
816 Posts
I can speak from a little experience. I had one design the first go around and I can tell you that didnt have a burly enough stinger. because of this the bike would wiggle out there and and drive me to drinking with the feedback through the steering. This was on a 2500 truck that I didnt figure to have much issue. I went to a dual stinger set up and wow what a difference. I dont think everyone needs this, but the point of the story is that make sure you get something stout.

heres what I have ended up with
Untitled by dolphaxel, on Flickr

·
Registered
286 Posts
I have a Joe hauler model JH03. I love it and both my tw and Ktm fit great. I've owned a few different ones over the years and the Joe hauler is superior. It has a cam lock system to keep the bike from rocking in the hitch, and the ramp mounts to the rack as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
323 Posts
Looking to find the best way to haul my Tdub from place to place, what's the best 2" receiver type rack to use?
I don't know about "best". That would be hard to determine considering how many different makers there are out there.
I bought this one off Amazon because , well, 2 day delivery and I had to have one for buying my TW.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001IUV1CM/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Rage Powersports AMC-400

It works. I have used it to haul a TW200 for over 3 hours of carrying so far. I also had to use it once to recover the TW after I broke a chain in the woods.

I can load it alone no problem. It does require a little pre-planning and care to make sure the tie-downs are already very handy when loading. Also I bought some nylon handlebar loops so the tie-down hooks never touch the TW. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01F7O0OK4/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I have even updated the carrier to make it safer. I installed a trailer light kit onto the rack and I connect it to my trailer plug. The TW hides my SUV brake lights. This makes things much safer. A few pictures, but the rack is not on my SUV.

IMG_3151.JPG IMG_3152.JPG IMG_3153.JPG IMG_3154.JPG

Reactions: Ken

·
Registered
13,806 Posts
I went the homemade route like Vanillagorilla. I've used it a lot over the years. We did get a double hitch carrier for Christmas but haven't had a chance to use it. Sometimes the trailer thing doesn't work for us in the locations we end up.

Made for a good work stand for an engine transplant down at Fred's. Hauled the TW down with the regular hitch setup and then for maintenance I put in an 18" stinger extension so we had room to work around the TW. A lpprcer mentions, you have to have the right haul vehicle. The pickup is best for me but our old jeep liberty worked too but not the wrangler.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts