TW200 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As above and what engine work have you had....... if any?

Ill start................

Mine is a 2000 TW125 with 26500 miles or 42648kms and i have a bill for £680.00 back in 2009 but not sure what its for....im thinking engine work!

·
Registered
487 Posts
My 95 has near 15000 miles on her. ( 24140 Kms ) This Summer, a Lizrdbreath cooler was installed, and I believe the mod will increase longevity of the engine expotentionally. It should be interesting to see what others weigh in here with for their totals. Rubber side down, Dave

·
Registered
188 Posts
26500 miles? Very nice ;) The benefit to this engine is that if you need "engine work" it can usually be done for pennies and basic tools. Unless you're as lucky as I am and have someone damage the head :p Still very cheap though. I'm only at 8000 miles myself but I do remember a member reporting north of 60k miles... It was looooong ago though.

·
Registered
7,221 Posts
Two TW's -- one with 21,000 miles the other with 25,000. Both developed base gasket leaks so while apart I replaced the piston rings and lapped the valves. Replaced one exhaust valve because of concave end. Replaced o-rings as need arose. Cleaned carburetors a couple of times.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Mine has done 44310km, & had no speedo for almost a year so is more really.
Like elime, base gasket on mine has been weeping, for a while now, might get him indoors to sort it one day

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
Wow and I thought 16000 KMs was getting high on my 99. No probs yet just oil changes. Even the spark plug is original.

·
Registered
197 Posts
This thread is very uplifting. My 06 has 1800 miles. I will be in the cemetery before it's even broke in. I figure I will be too old to ride in three to four years. I won't even need tires for it. Someone will get a clean bike when I am gone, I pamper it and keep it in the garage with a cover on it. It is bike #21 for me and it will be my last one.

·
Registered
6,451 Posts
Not my bike but I witnessed Longroof's with my own two eye's....... 50,000 plus!

Tom

·
Registered
814 Posts
My 2010 isn't broke in yet, it has 12,000 mi.

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
I know my '92 has somewhere north of 20k on it. I know this because I did a VIN search on it after buying it, and it indicated 20k on it at a registration renewal in Hawaii back in the mid 1990's. So since then, no idea. The speedo it had when I bought it showed 6500.

I think these motors (all motorcycle motors) will last as long as you keep the oil changed and the valves in spec. Thankfully the TW's valves are easy to check and set. My old KLX250S was a shim under bucket design so they're a PITA to do (same as on my V-Strom). A lot of people would get lazy about checking them and so many KLX motors would grenade due to a dropped valve.

·
Registered
2,719 Posts
My first TW a 93, had 21000 miles of absolute thrashing on it when I sold it in 05. It had gone through thee front tires and 4 rear tires, brake shoes at each end, several chains and sprocket changes.
I only sold it because I was moving from Illinois to Washington state and had no way to transport it. I have had two more TWs since then but liked the first one best.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts