TW200 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
A shame because if the seller put what looks like a little effort into it and got it running it would be worth the $2500.00 he's asking. Even if it is running bad. A reason it has not been started in years?
Biggest depreciator is "ran when parked", "lost interest" or "project". Looks like a nice bike for if you really wanted it and had to have it $1000.00. If it's just any bike to you $500.00.

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
I have no clue what it's worth, but back in the day, those RD's were very quick. My brother had a '62 Yamaha YDS3????? It was a twin cylinder two stroke 250cc street bike. Must have been the daddy of the RD's.

·
Registered
779 Posts
$500 if you love it. Even on the cheap you will have $750 into tires, soft parts, gaskets ect.... then it will be worth $2k.

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
The 75's were spark plug killers for some reason. A lot of people could never figure out why.

·
Registered
815 Posts
If you get wood looking at it, I bet you have it already. Money isn't the point on something like an RD. If you don't
understand that, walk away and work on your other bikes. Trust me, you can't own em all. Too many bike projects will end
up with you spending time fixing and not riding. Really you can get by with three motorcycles.

·
Super Moderator
18,064 Posts
In it's day, it was a special bike, it could outrun many bikes twice its size. It's very rare to even see one for sale in any condition.

·
Registered
2,281 Posts
OK...

If it has no paper and it doesn't run it ain't worth 400 bucks.

A friend is into them big time. They can cost a fortune to do correct. Very easy to wind up upside down in one of those moneywise.

If it was in Brand New condition, had good paper, and ran PERFECT, Then I might give 2k. Maybe a buck more if the color struck my fancy.

They aren't that rare.
The RD stands for Road Death. The 2 stroke, when it comes on the pipe will try to kill you if you aren't ready. Sometimes, even if you are.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Surface gap plugs seemed to solve the problem

Reactions: jtomelliott49

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
Smitty, you're right about the two strokers. I rode a Kawasaki 500 triple that tried to put me over backwards when it came on the pipe. Same thing happened to me on another friend's Yamaha 175 enduro. The Kaw was stock, the 175 was ported, polished and was a dog off the pipe, but when you hit the power band, look out. And yes, you can own too many bikes, if you're not cut out for it.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts