TW200 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

I like the looks - and .9 more gallons would be great. Looks to use stock seat without modification? Anything else I should know?

·
Registered
4,312 Posts
You'll probably have to sand or file the mating surface for the petcock flat. I love spending $200 for something I have to turn into a project... Other than that it works just fine. Oh yea, the right side cover may not fit into the grommet in the tank quite right...

·
Registered
236 Posts
Yeah if you search of up on here you'll find lots of fun stories about the Clarke's not fitting so well.

Personally I'm just searching for an xt tank. Also I just prefer a metal tank regardless.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

·
Registered
84 Posts
Hey OSOK if you are going to be down here in Jackson anytime in the near future...shoot me a PM and we'll get together and you can check out the Clarke XT350 tank I put on mine...very little modification :) Plus 4.0 Gallons is pretty awesome. The main issue with the xt350 tank is having to mod the seat.

Lance

·
Registered
7,369 Posts
We've had the Clarke 2.8 on her bike for going on 3 years now. I was probably one of the more vocal haters of the tank when it first came out and still am in principle. Clarke kept delaying production for a couple of years and when they finally did offer them no two of them would fit the same. Most of the dissatisfaction comes from the fact that you shouldn't need to modify YOUR bike to fit THEIR tank.

But as much as it pains me to say this, in reality as a tank it has been perfectly functional and hasn't presented any issues since adapting the BIKE to IT. Mostly it involved cutting the pins off the sidecovers and covering the rear tank mount in rubber to keep it from wearing a hole in the tank. I'm not crazy about the grommets in the front mount so I check them for wear occasionally.The stock seat fits nicely, it looks nice, holds gas and none of the mods required to mount it have presented any real world issues. But they still pizz me off. lol.

·
Registered
2,093 Posts
Mine has been good to me. I did have to stretch my right side cover for a while to make it fit and its fine now. I usually make it to the 150-160mile range before hitting reserve.

·
Registered
4,312 Posts
Mine has been good to me. I did have to stretch my right side cover for a while to make it fit and its fine now. I usually make it to the 150-160mile range before hitting reserve.
Alright, I'll bite, how did you stretch your cover?....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts